Thread: The Baco - Taco in a Bacon Shell page

BoldAsLove is offline Member

The Baco - Taco in a Bacon Shell

Primal Fuel
    This was touted as a horribly unhealthy concession snack online, but I just thought YUM! Likely would be a huge calorie bomb so wouldn't be a staple, but thought I would post it for fun - This is the baco. A taco with a bacon shell. Best taco ever? | Whatever Blog – Dallas-Fort Worth Entertainment News and Nonsense – GuideLive

I suppose you'd make this by placing bacon in an oven supported by some aluminum to create the shape?

Wow, that sounds great! I bet it would be fabulous stuffed with carnitas and lots of grilled veggies.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I'll have mine with finely shredded cabbage, avocadoes, red onion and salsa made from vine ripened tomatoes. I'll have to make it this summer when I harvest my tomatoes.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Wow. I'm not much of a bacon eater, but that's such a super idea.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Perfecting this at home just got priority status on my Weekend To Do list.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I think I love you.

I'm not even a bacon fan but damn. Must try.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Can anyone think of something commonly found around the home that would be a good mold for the bacon?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    They have taco shell tongs that you can place a corn tortilla in to deep-fry at home for home-cooked taco shells. Would work great with bacon, but hmm...deep-fried bacon...are we going too far?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    They have taco shell tongs that you can place a corn tortilla in to deep-fry at home for home-cooked taco shells. Would work great with bacon, but hmm...deep-fried bacon...are we going too far?
    Here you go: Chicago Metallic Baked Taco Rack | Specialty Bakeware | Products | Chicago Metallic

Perfect! Just set it on a cookie sheet and bake away.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made these last night. I ended up taking a roasting pan with handles, and tying wire from end to end on the handles, twice. The wires were about half an inch apart. Then I draped the bacon over the wires, creating a bit of a squared off bottom area for the shell. All of the drippings collected in the roaster to be used for future cooking, so that was nice. The bacon came out well; crispy and well-done. I made fish tacos, and much like fish chowder, the bacon super good with the fish. So...a winner all around. I did wrap a large romaine leaf around the bacon shell just in case of of a crumbly mess. I didn't have any problems but my husband's fell apart several times.

Thanks for sharing!