Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fasting caused weight grain page 3

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    IF doesn't always work well for women. But I would give anything a month before deciding if it works because there are normal weight fluctuations throughout your cycle. I also agree with others that 1200 calories may not be enough, especially if you're teaching yoga. I gain on 1200 calories but lose on 1500-1800. Your body needs to know it's getting enough food to release fat stores.

Ok. I honestly don't know where I could put in extra calories... here is my daily

11am - 4pm
    2 tbls Nutbutter 189cal
    1 banana 105cal
    2 slice of cheddar 138cal
    Olives (hand full)
    1 avocado 322cal
    chicken (cooked in coconut oil), onion, and pepers w/ dollop of sour cream 380-415cal (adding the coconut oil)
    all of that is again 1200 calories! I don't mean to eat only that many...

I've tried cutting out nuts, dairy, and fruit and I don't lose weight cutting them out so I don't see the point in dropping those items.

I'll just do it for another week and see how it goes. I'll try to add in more calories... I just don't know where I would put them.

I haven't tried eating less PROTEIN, maybe thats the next try? are you ALL against that? ugh. I'm so mad at myself.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I'd gain fat pretty fast eating all that for sure. I know you said you already tried this, but drop the nut butter, banana, cheddar and sour cream (all carbs there, and all paired with fats for maximum fat gain except the banana) and replace it with seafood, fatty skin-on chicken, liver, steak, marrow, eggs and the like. Don't just drop them, replace them with chunks of animals - big ones. Do this for a month. Is it possible that last time you cut these things out you failed to eat enough animal product?

EDIT - What I'm seeing is a lot of food that creates artificial satiety while not providing your body with what it actually needs. You have displaced the space that meat should occupy, on so limited a caloric budget.

EDIT - For perspective, if I'm in a hurry and know I don't have time for a whole dinner, I'm frying some eggs, eating a can of oysters and drinking a box of coconut milk - and maybe an avocado or two and some fruit a few hours later. Meat and fat first! But when I have more time, it's dandelion tea/soup with seaweed, etc. Even fat doesn't override protein as a priority. Biggest breakthrough in my health journey? Learning to get meat, in large amounts, every day.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 04-24-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'd gain fat pretty fast eating all that for sure. I know you said you already tried this, but drop the nut butter, banana, cheddar and sour cream (all carbs there, and all paired with fats for maximum fat gain except the banana) and replace it with seafood, fatty skin-on chicken, liver, steak, marrow, eggs and the like. Don't just drop them, replace them with chunks of animals - big ones. Do this for a month. Is it possible that last time you cut these things out you failed to eat enough animal product?

EDIT - What I'm seeing is a lot of food that creates artificial satiety while not providing your body with what it actually needs. You have displaced the space that meat should occupy, on so limited a caloric budget.

but doesn't everyone on here eat all those things I just listed? thats ALL primal.. and I'm on a time window.. and I'm only eating 1200 calories. I'm under 50 carbs! I'm not losing...

I can maintain I guess eating that list of foods I had today. but people say on this site say that I don't have to be SO low carb.
    Just meat and veg. I tried Atkins for a LONG TIME 4 months with not 1 pound of weightloss.. it SUCKS.
    Last edited by Yoga11; 04-24-2013 at 04:46 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    but doesn't everyone on here eat all those things I just listed? thats ALL primal.. and I'm on a time window.. and I'm only eating 1200 calories.
    I'm eating meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, and occasional darkest chocolate or cacao beans.

Well, I don't eat that way every day.. it was a feast day for me because I was really upset about nothing working.

usually I eat eggs, veggies or bacon in the morning. protien veg at night

I'm just sad.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Just my 2 cents, but if I weigh myself after eating a full meal, I'll easily weigh an additional 1.5 pounds...

You probably didn't gain weight, I recommend weighing yourself at the same time every day to ensure a similar amount of food is in your body. 1.5 pounds is nothing. Eat a steak, brocolli, sweet potatoes, and a couple glasses of wine, that's easily 1.5 pounds, if not more.

Not sure when you started this routine, but I also recommend weighing yourself weekly. It's nearly impossible to notice improvements day to day.

Eating dinner at 6pm, skipping breakfast, and eating lunch at 12pm will give you 18 hours of fasting. That is often my routine on IF fasting. I never feel famished, I'm guessing because I sleep through half my fasting and regain energy that way.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I've been naturally IF'ing for 9 months -- naturally gravitated to this eating style. I have 18 hour fast and a 6 hour feeding window. I eat a lot of meat -- it's what I prefer. I plug in veggies a little salad and a lot of fat around the protein. I'm very lean after losing a bit of a tummy and some love handles. My weight remains relatively stable, but I've continued to drop inches. If I eat cheese, nuts, dairy, chocolate -- I feel a little bloated and gain a bit of weight. It's hard for me to eat more than 1200 calories per day while eating these two meals. I've never been a big eater. Since I started weight lifting, I've had to add two mega blender meals with additional protein supplements and, to my surprise, I started dropping weight again. I would have thought that my weight would have creeped up, but the opposite happened. I just had to let go of my fear of gaining weight. Once I let go of the fear -- nothing but good things happened.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

The fast 5 book...
    ok maybe this is ME
    What to expect:
    Expect zero weight loss in the first three weeks, which is the adjustment phase. You may even see weight gain during this period due to compensatory overeating. Weight measurement during this time is not recommended, but many people canít resist, so donít expect a loss. Three weeks after starting the Fast-5 program, you should see an average of a pound per week loss. That means over the course of four weeks, you should see four pounds lost, but the loss may not be evenly spread from week to week; it can be two pounds one week, none the next, then two again, and so on.
    Some people see more rapid weight loss, even in the first three weeks. Thatís not a problem, but may not be seen by everyone, and is less likely for someone whoís already been maintaining a low-carb diet. An early loss of several pounds early is likely to be mostly water, so if you see a large early loss, do not expect to see the same rate in later weeks.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    One of Primal's strengths is also it's biggest weakness. It's too adaptable and flexible. Strict Paleo is seriously the best, with occasional Primal indulgences. Back to the wild was the original concept and it needs to be used as a yardstick far more often. You're walking through the woods. You're hungry. What do you eat? What is there! Leafy greens, roots, fungus, animals as near entirety as possible, with organs, fats etc. Next are foods made nearly entirely of natural things, like coconut milk, etc. I've never seen a sour cream tree. I HAVE seen chocolate, coconut and coffee trees. Nuts are a LOT of work, like plan on being up in that tree all day to break even on work-to-calorie. It's just, wild humans hunt and gather. The closer you get to eating primarily what can be hunted and gathered the better.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    I've been naturally IF'ing for 9 months -- naturally gravitated to this eating style. I have 18 hour fast and a 6 hour feeding window. I eat a lot of meat -- it's what I prefer. I plug in veggies a little salad and a lot of fat around the protein. I'm very lean after losing a bit of a tummy and some love handles. My weight remains relatively stable, but I've continued to drop inches. If I eat cheese, nuts, dairy, chocolate -- I feel a little bloated and gain a bit of weight. It's hard for me to eat more than 1200 calories per day while eating these two meals. I've never been a big eater. Since I started weight lifting, I've had to add two mega blender meals with additional protein supplements and, to my surprise, I started dropping weight again. I would have thought that my weight would have creeped up, but the opposite happened. I just had to let go of my fear of gaining weight. Once I let go of the fear -- nothing but good things happened.

Oh wow thats great!

mega blender meals? whats that?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast