Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting caused weight grain page 2

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    It's just water weight. Have a refeed day once a week (maybe 1800 calories) and you should see it drop.

And once you get down to the last ten pounds, it's a really good idea to stop weighing daily. Once a month is fine. Too much water weight fluctuation at this point & it will just drive you crazy.
    So do u pose that I stay on window eating and just have 1 feast day?
    I'm just terrified to gain more weight. I can't buy more new bigger sized jeans. Ill cry. Haha.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    I'm doing the the fast 5! I'm not strictly counting I eat till satisfied. Because I gained I looked at that my eating calories might be... And I figure out 1200-1300. Not because I'm wanting them to be that little it just ends up being that.

If I'm not losing weight Im just not sure what I should be doing next...
    I lost better on a high carb low fat diet. But I feel so much better. But c'mon guys I'm a size 10 with muffin top. It would be nice to lose it!

Should I stick to window eating or switch?

I don't think I can handle judddd I want to be able too but it's just too much to think about for me
    500 one day 1800 or so the next. Ah ill go crazy.
    Have you looked into Dr. Mosley's 5:2 plan (his book is called The Fast diet). It's similar to JUDDD, but is more laid back with only two 500 calorie daysaweek. The other five days you eat normally.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Is window eating aka: the fast 5 for losing weight?! I thought it was...

Should I just stick to it?

I just can't do judddd even the 5:2
    500/days sound like the death of me.
    Maybe it's just not for me right now. Maybe later on. I'm not ready for it.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    1. I hate that everyone uses digital scales, though I read that finding analog scales is getting tough. When I read fractions of pounds, my heart aches for the obsession this is creating.

2. 1.4 lbs is nothing. It's less than 1% of your total body weight. The fluctuation could be caused by a number of things from actual weight gain, menstrual cycle, an increase in sodium, etc.

3. While a lot of people don't like being a "slave" to the scale, the flip side of that is that if you weigh yourself often, you'll see how much your weight fluctuates even during the course of a day, and so not be totally freaked out by a pound and a half increase.
    I've taken 5-pound dumps - far and few between, but it does happen once in awhile if I eat too many bananas, etc.. Jenny Craig has nothing on me!

As for the rest, do this warrior-style thing for at least a month. You might add muscle and gain weight at first, and then your muscles will eat all your fat. It's impossible to predict, but when trying any new thing, give your body a month minimum to adjust.

And another plea to eat fewer things that aren't meat. A recent Atkins study where people ate freely from a deli-style food lab showed that the people who were thinnest, or lost the most weight, I forget - were all eating a lot more protein that the other groups. The catch-phrase was that satiety and sufficient protein for cellular repair and growth, above all other factors, seemed to be why Atkins worked. Protein first! Then shoot for filling out all of your micro-nutrients with berries, seaweed, nuts, eggs and the rest.

And remember, "....fish is technically a vegetable." - Ron Swanson.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 04-24-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Is window eating aka: the fast 5 for losing weight?! I thought it was...

Should I just stick to it?

I just can't do judddd even the 5:2
    500/days sound like the death of me.
    Maybe it's just not for me right now. Maybe later on. I'm not ready for it.
    Yes, you can lose weight with eating windows, but like the author of Tbe Fast 5 Diet book writes, it can take several weeks for it to start. I've played around with the 8 hour window and lost around .5lbs a week on it. I liked the structure of JUDDD better though, so I didn't do the window thing for very long.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Stop fasting and space your meals 4-5 hours apart.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Protein first! Then shoot for filling out all of your micro-nutrients with berries, seaweed, nuts, eggs and the rest.
    "First, the meat. Then, the vittles." I forget where I read that, but I more or less live by it.

I also like J. Stanton's version: "If it's not meat, it's not a meal"
    “Eat Like A Predator, Not Like Prey”: The Paleo Diet In Six Easy Steps, A Motivational Guide - GNOLLS.ORG

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Stop fasting and space your meals 4-5 hours apart.
    First I was just like "aww, heck no U trollz!" but then I remembered that, for women, IF can have some negative consequences and is not always sustainable. Mark did a write up on it a bit after his fasting series, I believe. So if this eating window thing still isn't working after a month, you might try going back to a more "standard" eating routine as suggested by...fiercehunter. But don't ever tell anybody I backed you up! This is embarrassing!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    So do u pose that I stay on window eating and just have 1 feast day?
    I'm just terrified to gain more weight. I can't buy more new bigger sized jeans. Ill cry. Haha.
    Yes. I think that is what I wrote.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    IF doesn't always work well for women. But I would give anything a month before deciding if it works because there are normal weight fluctuations throughout your cycle. I also agree with others that 1200 calories may not be enough, especially if you're teaching yoga. I gain on 1200 calories but lose on 1500-1800. Your body needs to know it's getting enough food to release fat stores.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast