Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 9

richard is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    today I had the first day without drinking butter tea first thing. I ate two eggs with half an avocado, 4 pieces of bacon, some bacon fat, then maybe a cup of almonds. Total protein about 35g, over the amount I wanted. I felt hungry after eating the eggs. Now I'm fine. I had some butter tea.

The point of this thread is support for a reduced protein very low carb diet. I'm not saying that is the best WOE ever, or more than a temporary solution or test or experiment. I'm not saying it's the ultimate for anyone or everyone.

It does seem true, though, from what I have read, that protein triggers an insulin response. Perfect example is this morning. I think had I started with butter tea, and had only one egg, I wouldn't have been hungry after breakfast.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I tried low protein for a while, and it seems to work for me as long as I don't try to increase the intensity or volume of my exercise. Then WHAM! Suddenly I'm craving protein like crazy. I think my body just responds quickly to exercise stimulus to grow more muscle.

I ran a mile 3 times this week, including once with sprints and once with steep hills. Yesterday I deloaded my bench press to start a new cycle and drastically increased my volume, and on the same day I did chinup-pullup exercises until I was sore. Then today I ran 3.6 miles at the fastest speed yet.

I cooked a huge fatty pork steak, but while I was waiting for it to cook snacked on roast beef and cheddar cheese.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    I had two shots of espresso with 1 tbsp of butter, 2 tbsp of mct oil and coconut oil. I typically drink my morning coffee with breakfast, eggs, meat, kale. But this morning had to run out the door. Still haven't eaten and feeling pretty damn good...sharp, focused, awake, and not hungry. I don't want to eat out and risk eating something that could throw me off, so i'm waiting to eat when I get home. I did feel a headache coming on but had a 1/4 teaspoon of salt with water, and headache's gone. Wasn't something I planned on, but it's working out better than I thought.

As for breakfast with eggs, I'm not feeling a craving for protein, but my breakfast is roughly 700-800 kcals and with my morning coffee, I'm feeling pretty satisfied and not wanting to eat till dinner time.

I did increase my workout duration and added hiking this week to my workout, which increased my overall intensity (my calves are sore), and didn't crave proteins. Although, i did eat more protein than typical. We had lamb chops...delicious and I couldn't resist having one more rib.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    today I had the first day without drinking butter tea first thing. I ate two eggs with half an avocado, 4 pieces of bacon, some bacon fat, then maybe a cup of almonds. Total protein about 35g, over the amount I wanted. I felt hungry after eating the eggs. Now I'm fine. I had some butter tea.

The point of this thread is support for a reduced protein very low carb diet. I'm not saying that is the best WOE ever, or more than a temporary solution or test or experiment. I'm not saying it's the ultimate for anyone or everyone.

It does seem true, though, from what I have read, that protein triggers an insulin response. Perfect example is this morning. I think had I started with butter tea, and had only one egg, I wouldn't have been hungry after breakfast.
    Could you just eat the egg yolks then ?

Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Could you just eat the egg yolks then ?
    yep, might try that.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    I haven't read all the posts, but I am curious-- what are your thoughts on how this diet might affect your thyroid?

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    I haven't read all the posts, but I am curious-- what are your thoughts on how this diet might affect your thyroid?
    I don't think it will hurt my thyroid. I think there is a gender difference here (I'm male). And I think bodies are all different.

On a related note, I have had seasonal allergies this time of year, and they were bad, but they are almost gone today. Amazing. I attribute this to the fact that a highly ketogenic diet is very anti-inflammatory.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    So which is it Choco? You can't say this and then say that CICO is the only thing that matters. Talking out of both sides of your mouth again.
    Once again, disagreeing with you =/= misinformation. Now, please, step off.
    Can you argue without a strawman? CICO deals with weight. If you want to LOSE weight, you must expend more calories than you consume. Period. End of subject. This has nothing to do with body composition. Starvation dieting will suck more mass from your lean tissue than your fat, and overeating poor quality fats will tend to store more of those calories as body fat than lean mass. Fats in general are more likely to store as body fat in a caloric surplus than carbohydrate because it is a less anabolic fuel source. Insulin is very anabolic, which is why you'll see bodybuilders looking to gain weight overconsuming protein and carbohydrate, not fat. Fat in large surpluses just tends to...make you...fat.

Your argument is not a real argument. It's a fallacy.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    "Insulin has nothing to do with fat gain" is totally false, although it may be more applicable to those of use with disordered insulin responses. For us, insulin is a major factor in weight gain--or at least our body's release of too much insulin.
    No it isn't. Insulin doesn't make anyone fat. It never has, it never will. What makes people fat is being sedentary and overeating. When you overconsume calories and you're not active, you're going to tend to store those calories as fat. If you want to be lean, you want to underconsume calories while you're sedentary and overconsume calories after intense physical activity. And you can't be too aggressive with either. The larger the calorie deficit, the more lean mass you tend to lose. The larger the calorie surplus, the more tends to store as fat.

Insulin has nothing to do with it, and it is one of the most crucial and beneficial hormones in your body.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Dude.....Chaco.....ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!! Whatever works for you, works for you and that is great. We have found something else that works. Live and let live, man.

Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast