Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread

Shop Now
    Nice. I like how easily you stayed keto in a non-keto world!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Nice. I like how easily you stayed keto in a non-keto world!
    thanks! It's with your help and everyone on here that makes it much easier.

Keto is a blast really. But you can't be excessively rigid, at least after you've gotten into it enough not to have "unnatural cravings."

I was pretty good before, being grain free and bean free for months when i started vlc. I still think in retrospect I went fully keto too fast. But in any event, I find now I can be a little flexible. I don't feel strong cravings or like bingeing. It took some time to get here but I'm here.

I get a stop before I eat too much, instantly, and I don't feel like going overboard, or eating a lot of desserts. I have to maintain a bit of discipline but it isn't hard anymore.

ate like a pig on Sunday, with guest from out of town. The only real cheats were some fried things with light breading, and half a flan dessert.

Yesterday I ate vlc again and no ill effects.

welcome back, I say.

I was traveling ouside the USA.

I didn't eat any grains to speak of or beans. I did go off my diet. I even ate some ice cream now and again.

When I got back home, I weighed myself and I am 4 pounds lighter!

Weird. The only thing I can think of is that I walked a huge amount, was very active, and I didn't eat any nuts the whole time. Maybe nuts keep me from losing more weight.

Oh, and I broke my foot! Ouch! When I got home, not on the trip.

Anyway, back to VLC but this time I'm tapering a bit more gradually. I don't want the carb flu. I ate a few pieces of fruit yesterday and also am doing the same today.

Ah, I was wondering where you were!

Welcome home!

I always lose weight when I travel.

I've been eating low carb not vlc. I had a peach and some berries. And today a bit of honey. That's it though, along with some nuts, chicken salad, grass fed hotdogs, and now for dinner some fish and some non carby vegetable.

I am avoiding carb flu this way...

Shop Now
    I've been eating VLC again with a piece of fruit or maybe two. That seems to be working very well.

Meanwhile I am healing very fast from a fractured fifth metatarsal, taking 50,000 units of D3 and 4mg of K2 every day. Seems to be working well.