Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 68

slimshady01 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I consume 250 grams of protein a day and under 10% . Mixed meals change insulin response , but yes a whey isolate shake by itself can create a insulin response of straight carbs.. Now take that shake and add a tablespoon of macadamia nut oil and it's a different story.

richard is offline Senior Member
    I'm consuming around 60g of protein, maybe 80g, per day.

Yesterday I drank butter tea then had some high butter pate that I made, and I felt nauseous for about 90 minutes. Too much fat. I took a walk and felt better.

Actually yesterday I didn't feel very good. Woke up with a headache. I am taking Astaxanthin again and wondering if this is the culprit. I wanted to make sure it was something I don't tolerate as it seems to hold a lot of benefit. I'm taking 4mg per day.

Yesterday I also had cramping in my toes and had to take potassium. I just had so much sodium during the day and no potassium and this causes me to get cramping which is painful. I have NoSalt and I dissolve a bit in water and drink and that ends the cramps.

I also had to take two ibuprofen yesterday.

The only thing I can think of that is different is I'm eating a small amount of fruit. Could this be causing me to feel blah like this? It's actually been several days and I've been wondering if my body is adjusting to that. I stress it's a small amount and I don't feel cravings for more. Like 10 cherries which is supposedly 10g of effective carbs. That's not much, but it's more than I had for several months earlier.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Richard,

I don't read your thread very often but it would be nice to understand why you are keeping this WOE for so long. Any particular reason ?

geostump is offline Senior Member
    @dkJames, you can sustain eating this way for a lifetime. There are people who do it. I have a friend that has been eating this and has zero health issues whatsoever. She's been following this WOE for about 10 years. I know personally that I feel better this way.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Richard,

I don't read your thread very often but it would be nice to understand why you are keeping this WOE for so long. Any particular reason ?
    I think it is healthier as a way to live permanently. That's the reason. Ketones are healthier in your system, and it's better to be running mostly on ketones.

had some home made pate, some butter tea, sausages, nuts...and for dinner, shrimp (wild) and salad greens with egg.

I still think I'm eating too many nuts...

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Nuts are fortunately self-limiting for me. I don't like the way they get stuck in my teeth!
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 07-11-2013 at 01:52 PM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The only "nuts" I can eat without it being an issue are peanuts (yes, I know they aren't nuts). I think I have a nut allergy. They cause my asthma to flare up and I get itchy.
    Georgette

I've been attending a conference.

So I've had more coffee than normal and no tea.

And I have had about zero carbs but a cheesecake at a restaurant twice in a row, figure 30g per day, still low, and probably quite ketogenic still I think. Eggs, bacon, sausage yesterday, and salad and chicken, and fish for dinner with asparagus.

Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast