Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 65

sofiajp is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Georgette...congrats on not giving in! It sure can be hard. What are cream cheese clouds? sounds yummy! So far I have found some decaf coffee with the double cream and a drop or 2 of stevia really helps.

Do you have plans for tomorrow? Any parties etc? Being a Canadian in Japan I only know from what I see on TV and the news but it looks like bbq is big for Independence day parties. That sure sounds fab! I miss "real" bbq....Japanese bbq is more like Korean bbq ...all the meat is in tiny slices...no burgers, steaks or hot dogs etc. I sure hope you have a great day tomorrow!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sofiajp View Post
    Georgette...congrats on not giving in! It sure can be hard. What are cream cheese clouds? sounds yummy! So far I have found some decaf coffee with the double cream and a drop or 2 of stevia really helps.

Do you have plans for tomorrow? Any parties etc? Being a Canadian in Japan I only know from what I see on TV and the news but it looks like bbq is big for Independence day parties. That sure sounds fab! I miss "real" bbq....Japanese bbq is more like Korean bbq ...all the meat is in tiny slices...no burgers, steaks or hot dogs etc. I sure hope you have a great day tomorrow!
    No plans for anything that I know of. We may go see fireworks tonight as long as its not raining.

When I get home from work, I'll post the recipe for cream cheese clouds. I can eat one or two and that's enough for me to be satisfied. Seems like most people want to pig out on them.
    Georgette

richard is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes it helps to have fat. I swallow a few tablespoons of coconut oil and feel really good. At first this would bother my stomach but not anymore.

Last night I had some cocoa butter that I warmed up, and mixed in a bit of honey, maybe 3/4 of a tablespoon. It was delicious and satisfying at the same time.

Yesterday I had 3 butter eggs, butter tea.

Lunch was salami with raw milk cheese, and an avocado with homemade kimchi (I have to keep saying it, this is a fantastic combo)

Dinner was pastured pork and swiss chard

I felt tired at the end of the day. Not sure why. I have been working a lot and very intensely, maybe that's the reason

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    No plans for anything that I know of. We may go see fireworks tonight as long as its not raining.

When I get home from work, I'll post the recipe for cream cheese clouds. I can eat one or two and that's enough for me to be satisfied. Seems like most people want to pig out on them.
    that's the problem I had with lots of sweet things. I don't seem to have that problem right now though if I am careful. But I've been reluctant to try stuff like this because for me it can trigger cravings although it seems to be less of a problem these days.

I'd be interested in your recipe too!

Here's the link to the recipe" CREAM CHEESE CLOUDS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

The only thing I do differently is I add a little DaVinci sugar free vanilla syrup. I can't stand the taste of stevia.

Last night I ate one piece of regular crust pizza and the tingling came back in my arm big time. I really need to stay away from gluten. Lord, do I need to stay away from gluten.
    Georgette

yeah when I "cheat" these days it's to have a few berries but I never, never eat grains or beans of any kind. If I think of eating them I think about the gut inflammation and then the feeling passes.

Thanks for the recipe! They look good!

Today went well. I had coffee with double cream when I woke up and then pork with a few veggies for lunch and bacon and guac (I piled the guac on the bacon-yum!) for dinner.

On top of doing this I have to be careful with histamine levels and cheese and avocados are high in histamine but as I'm not eating so many other things like vinegar (in anything), pickles, fermented veggies (LOVE kimchi but it makes me super sick),seafood (not often) etc I think so far my body is handling it ok. Plus I won't do avocados everyday.

I have to say it is because of this fabulous forum that I even found out about my histamine issues. A woman had complained that even though she was eating primal she was still having so many problems...her issues were similar to mine and someone suggested she look into the role of histamine. Well it has changed my life! I was so sick last year on and off and it was basically related to the fact that most things I ate were high in histamine or were histamine releasers . It certainly makes eating more challenging....gluten free, low histamine and now ketogenic but it is worth it as I felt like crap! I just wish I had access to some of the fabulous things that are available in Canada and the States. Oh well....at least things have gotten better since I moved here 15 years ago! I couldn't even find a red onion when I first moved here and now there is Costco, online meat shops, other foreign food shops etc. It is much better so I have to be grateful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by sofiajp View Post
    Thanks for the recipe! They look good!

Today went well. I had coffee with double cream when I woke up and then pork with a few veggies for lunch and bacon and guac (I piled the guac on the bacon-yum!) for dinner.

On top of doing this I have to be careful with histamine levels and cheese and avocados are high in histamine but as I'm not eating so many other things like vinegar (in anything), pickles, fermented veggies (LOVE kimchi but it makes me super sick),seafood (not often) etc I think so far my body is handling it ok. Plus I won't do avocados everyday.

I have to say it is because of this fabulous forum that I even found out about my histamine issues. A woman had complained that even though she was eating primal she was still having so many problems...her issues were similar to mine and someone suggested she look into the role of histamine. Well it has changed my life! I was so sick last year on and off and it was basically related to the fact that most things I ate were high in histamine or were histamine releasers . It certainly makes eating more challenging....gluten free, low histamine and now ketogenic but it is worth it as I felt like crap! I just wish I had access to some of the fabulous things that are available in Canada and the States. Oh well....at least things have gotten better since I moved here 15 years ago! I couldn't even find a red onion when I first moved here and now there is Costco, online meat shops, other foreign food shops etc. It is much better so I have to be grateful for that.
    yep, I never knew about this histamine thing until recently. I don't seem to have that problem. Apparently leftovers have a lot of histamine in them also?

I'm experimenting again with astaxanthin. I think I stopped taking it because I thought it was causing cramping but not sure that it was the culprit. I have had dry cracked heels for years and nothing has seemed to help, and it may be getting a tad better this way. So I'm back trying that.

Ate a few cherries today...

Richard not sure if you would want to try this but after a bath or shower and your feet are still slightly damp you should try putting jojoba oil on them-massage the oil in. 100% jojoba. You will need to wear slippers or risk getting the floor oily and you slipping but the oil will quickly be absorbed. Jojoba is amazing...if you do this after every shower/bath while your feet are still a bit damp it will help. I use it on my face, my feet, elbows etc. I would be shocked if it doesn't help.

As for histamine yes, leftovers are a big no no! But everyone is different so it is by trial and error. It is explained using the idea of a bucket. Once your bucket is full then the symptoms start up. If you keep your bucket only partly full then less symptoms. It is impossible to be histamine free as the act of digesting releases histamine and it is important in the body. It's just that some of us can't handle too much. I remember dipping some food in a sauce with rice vinegar, tamari and sesame oil and my lower lip suddenly started swelling! yeah...that ain't normal! All 3 of those items are high in histamine. I noticed that my body pains have disappeared so it is worth doing!

When you're talking about histamine, are you talking about general allergies? I'm just curious about that.
    Georgette

Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast