Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 687

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 63

  1. #621
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington
    Posts
    3,736
    Yeah, I eat pâté about 4-5 days a week. Just a little on cheese slices. DH makes up a huge batch and freezes it. We have chicken liver, pork liver and goat liver in the freezer right now.

  2. #622
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Friday night had a tiny bit of dessert and two medjool dates.

    Saturday, butter tea and eggs with pastured chicken and butter
    lunch was avocado with some home made kimchi
    dinner an inedible lamb shank at a restaurant.

    I'm upping my consumption of fermented veggies a bit so I'll eat them most days though. (Hence the kimchi. Avocado with kimchi is delicious incidentally.)

  3. #623
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    decided on a cheat day. Had butter tea, then grass fed hotdogs and cheese, and then some blueberries and a maybe 10 cherries. Later some ice cream (gasp) and a piece of caramel candy, and at home, roasted duck with asparagus in vinagrette, and 2 medjool dates and some grapes for dessert.

    I think a cheat once in awhile is valuable for the brain. We need this sometimes. I felt like I needed it. Now the trick is back to the exact vlc diet tomorrow and I am sure that will be easy.

    Honestly, the ice cream didn't taste good to me particularly and I woudl have tossed it but I paid $7.40 for it (!!!!) which is insane and it wasn't a big portion either. I just didn't like it that much. But I finished it. Ah, I don't care for ice cream that much actually.

    Anyway, I'll see how I feel.

    I had a bit of constipation today which is one reason I wanted to have some fruit. I upped the magnesium a bit. But I am not crazy about that and I think it is a symptom. Perhaps I should have more fiber (but not psyillium.)

  4. #624
    sofiajp's Avatar
    sofiajp is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    35
    Hi! Can I join this thread? I don't post much but I've been following along and decided to try this. I started today and it was a breeze! I had BP coffee for breakfast, an omelet (bacon cheese and green onions) for lunch and some pork for dinner -not sure what this cut of meat is called in English but it is very fatty. I feel great!

    I did something similar about 6 years ago but had no idea what I was doing and think I went too high in protein. I lost 40 lbs in about 4 months at that time and I'm hoping it will be as easy this time!

    I'm really thinking about making Paleobird's pate...just saw the recipe and it looks great. I hate liver but love pate and it is super expensive here in Japan.

    I'm off to bed as it is 2 am here in Japan but I have a shopping list ready so I can go shopping tomorrow to stock up on yummy stuff to do this right!

  5. #625
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,020
    I'm back to following this way of eating. I've had too many binge episodes over the past few months and am almost in constant pain. I'm hoping this will fix everything for me again.
    Georgette

  6. #626
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by sofiajp View Post
    Hi! Can I join this thread? I don't post much but I've been following along and decided to try this. I started today and it was a breeze! I had BP coffee for breakfast, an omelet (bacon cheese and green onions) for lunch and some pork for dinner -not sure what this cut of meat is called in English but it is very fatty. I feel great!

    I did something similar about 6 years ago but had no idea what I was doing and think I went too high in protein. I lost 40 lbs in about 4 months at that time and I'm hoping it will be as easy this time!

    I'm really thinking about making Paleobird's pate...just saw the recipe and it looks great. I hate liver but love pate and it is super expensive here in Japan.

    I'm off to bed as it is 2 am here in Japan but I have a shopping list ready so I can go shopping tomorrow to stock up on yummy stuff to do this right!
    so glad you are here!

    I love fatty pork. I'm trying to get pork that's been feed humanely and not fed grains, which is tough here in the US.

    Pate is really tasty and easy to make. I boil some liver in water with a bit of onion and garlic and maybe a bay leaf. Then I grind it all -- the onion, garlic and the pate without the water -- in the food processor and add a bunch of melted butter. A *lot* of butter. Perhaps add a bit of cognac or whisky. Then refrigerate.

    It's really tasty. I haven't made it for awhile but I will do so again soon.

    Glad you are trying this (again). The "lower protein" part really makes a huge difference.

  7. #627
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm back to following this way of eating. I've had too many binge episodes over the past few months and am almost in constant pain. I'm hoping this will fix everything for me again.
    great that you're here. Did this work in the past? What worked for you and what didn't? I am a huge believer in looking at what worked and didn't work and sharing that. Thank you!

  8. #628
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,020
    The whole process of NK worked very well for me. I lost 16 pounds, dropped a clothing size and health was overall doing well. After taking a shitty job in March, I are just that, shitty. I'm in constant pain now and have zero energy.
    Georgette

  9. #629
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    The whole process of NK worked very well for me. I lost 16 pounds, dropped a clothing size and health was overall doing well. After taking a shitty job in March, I are just that, shitty. I'm in constant pain now and have zero energy.
    ahh,okay. Just took a look at your journal. I might suggest you discuss high doses of vitamin D3, some magnesium, K2 and a bit of A...and Ioderal iodine with your doc, or look through some of the material here. What you describe can sometimes be made right or a lot better with those things or so I've been told.

  10. #630
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,020
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    ahh,okay. Just took a look at your journal. I might suggest you discuss high doses of vitamin D3, some magnesium, K2 and a bit of A...and Ioderal iodine with your doc, or look through some of the material here. What you describe can sometimes be made right or a lot better with those things or so I've been told.
    I have no doctor right now. No insurance either until next month so I pretty much wing everything myself. Most of the doctors around here think of primal as being a whack job eating plan and would look at me being nuts if I mentioned taking those supplements. I do take a liquid d3 when I remember to. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot as to when I take it. I wouldn't even be able to explain to a doctor why I'd want to take those supplements in the first place.
    Georgette

Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •