Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 62

richard is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    wow, that is very impressive Dragonfly. Isn't that funny about "set weight"? There is evidence that suggests that it exists for many of us (maybe all of us but so many are already overweight in high school and beyond.)

I weighed 165 or so at my so-called "set weight" in my 20s and I'm heading there I think right now also.

But what is best I think is how good I feel now. I can work 8 or 10 hours at a stretch without fatigue and without highs and lows. It's wonderful.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I am really getting the power of a keto-diet to help the metabolism normalize. There is a mention of a study on Peter Attia's site, I think, about an anorexic man normalizing his weight on a keto diet.

My dog is my Primal guru. He never over eats. We put him on a grain-free dog food when we got him and he gets daily extras of cooking lard and offal treats. And an occasional raw bone, but he seems to bury these fast! He is lean and has probably 5 more pounds of muscle than when we got him.

ate 3 very buttery eggs and had a little indigestion for a few minutes, after my butter tea, lol.

Then some pistachios and almonds for lunch, and a few olives. More for "fun" than anything else. On to the rest of the workday.

last night I had the most delicious ham salad and cole slaw, both home made of course, with olive oil mayo. There were some carrot and daikon in the slaw but not much, and who cares, lol.

Hey Richard!

I've revived my journal and will now be posting there. Here's the link:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1234525

Thanks so much for the inspiration to go vlc/keto. It is really working well for me!

today I had grass fed beef leftovers, butter tea...and feel great as usual these days.

last night was a small piece of wild fish, Cape Cappensis is what they call it -- from South Africa, wild fish, frozen. Two observations. One, is that frozen fish is often very very good quality these days. Something technological happened over the past few years and frozen fish is now as good as fresh quite often. And second, this fish is strikingly good and incrediby cheap. The fish cost $4.15 and fed both of us.

Also ate a healthy amount of cole slaw. And during the day and after some almonds, probably eating too many nuts still.

yesterday, the usual type of day. Butter tea, and terrific Bar Harbor smoked kippers

a small bit of good fatty salami, with home made kimchi and a bit of parmegiano reggiano

salad, pastured chicken

And nuts

Still eating too many nuts. I also had a bit of hard stool with some fresh blood in it, which is a first in a long long time. Indicates that physically what I was eating impacted itself and scratched the walls going out or near the exit, not a good thing. I'm upping the magnesium.

Also, one thing that really really helps in this case is reverting to a diet that I learned about from Artour Rakhimov, which removes physical and chemical challenges to the gut for awhile. It is tough to stick to especially on a weekend because you have to grind all your fresh veggies to liquify them before eating and that is not practical in restaurants of course or eating at other people's houses.

But I didn't like this one bit, and it surprised me. It shows that I still have some gut inflammation issues.

Have you tried eating more fat, like pats of butter, Richard? It seems to work well for me, digestion-wise.

And maybe some pâté instead of veggies?

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Have you tried eating more fat, like pats of butter, Richard? It seems to work well for me, digestion-wise.

And maybe some pâté instead of veggies?
    I eat a lot of fat. Sometimes I eat a tablespoon or two of coconut oil straight. Butter tea in the morning. Maybe I need to increase my fat intake though...

I haven't made pate in awhile, thank you for reminding me.

Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast