Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 61

richard is offline Senior Member
    thanks Paleobird.

I'm not doing foods like this right now. Just eating real food and not things that will trigger cravings such as desserts.

Yesterday I had three meals. Each time, unlike before, I got a clear "stop" and just stopped eating. About 1/3 of what I used to eat, LOL. I took the rest home with me both times.

I was with heavy people on the last meal, dinner. One morbidly obese 20 year old, the other near obese, the other just fat. And they are all counting calories on weightwatchers, excuse me counting points, and I'm eating as much fat as I can and eating as much as I can. I tried to explain leptin resistance to them but they don't really care to hear it.

Don't people get the fact that they have a metabolic problem? Apparently not. It's just a matter of eating too much in the past, and a calorie deficit will fix everything. Even though it doesn't fix anything for most people except make them hungry and obsessed with food all the time.

Meanwhile the thin guy at the table is eating as much as he wants until he gets a "not hungry anymore" signal and then he pushes his plate away, naturally and without self control or counting anything. That's my example for the rest of the table.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday
    B: scrambled eggs and ham, tea w/cream
    S: pâté, bone broth
    D: cheese, leftover steak, olives, chocolate butter

bacon and 3 buttery eggs and green onion, with a little raw milk gruyere, parmiagiano reggiano and leftover chicken, and bacon. ABout 40g of protein I suppose.

Lower belly is down an inch! There is hope for the middle-aged middle!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    thanks Paleobird. I'm not doing foods like this right now. Just eating real food and not things that will trigger cravings such as desserts.
    I don't usually either. These are meant as a special treat for my boyfriend as we are heading out for a camping trip in a couple of days.

I don't really get cravings much anymore so, on the rare occasion I do, I try to figure out what my body is asking for. Sometimes I really want fruit so I do and then won't have any more for weeks. Not restraining myself, just not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I don't usually either. These are meant as a special treat for my boyfriend as we are heading out for a camping trip in a couple of days.

I don't really get cravings much anymore so, on the rare occasion I do, I try to figure out what my body is asking for. Sometimes I really want fruit so I do and then won't have any more for weeks. Not restraining myself, just not interested.
    very nice. I had about a cup of blueberries, two strawberries and three blackberries. First fruit I've eaten in several months pretty much other than maybe a tablespoon of mango the other day. Felt good. I think summer is the time to have some fruit now and then. Probably 30g of carbs.

I ate corned beef and cabbage otherwise for dinner, and no lunch. Danced quite a lot this afternoon.

Steak and duck eggs, kombucha
    Chocolate butter, broth, tea w/cream, glass of wine

I ended the evening with two medjool dates which taste amazing when you aren't eating carbs to speak of.

I feel great this morning as usual. I saw an article in the UK Mail that wrote up Butter Coffee. Good PR piece, lol.

On to my butter tea, PART of what makes a perfect morning (the other part should be obvious, lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Lower belly is down an inch! There is hope for the middle-aged middle!
    Fantastic. Congratulations!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, Richard! Weighed myself at a friends house yesterday. 125 lbs. I weighed ~122 as a personal trainer in my mid-thirties, so am getting close.

Today:
    Burger w/eggs, kombucha
    Cheese, olives, bacn, Chocolate butter, wine

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast