Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 54

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Nice article, Richard. I'll see if I can find links to the other articles I've read that about thyroid and vlc. IIRC, the thyroid will naturally down-regulate with lower carbs, but it is not pathological, contrary to all the scare stories you read here.

I was already low carb when I went vlc the first time. My only issue then was lack of energy, since I was also over-restricting calories. I suspect some folk may have this experience and think they are hypothyroid.

This time, no issues at all since I am not counting calories. I am doing a 16/8 IF to help my body drop a few last pounds. Painless and plenty of energy!
    Great. Now please tell Choco to stop posting that nonsense.

I really do think that a lot of cases of "failed" VLC experiment were really people who just went too low on total calorie intake and, very understandably, felt like death on a Triscuit.

ETA: Just went back and read the article Ricard posted. Very interesting. I think we can learn a lot from our omnivorous bear cousins.
    Dr Cate's theory would also explain why it seems to be the seriously hard core sugar/carb fiends that have the worst carb flu. They are like the bears she describes gorging on berries right before hibernation season. Personally I never had any carb flu but I never had much of a sweet tooth. My "vices" were always more of the greasy fried sort like onion rings.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-12-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Great. Now please tell Choco to stop posting that nonsense.
    Meh. I don't argue with religious zealots. I've put Choco and Derp on my "ignore" list so I can stay on the forum and keep my cortisol down.

That said, I may start a "Myths about VLC" thread, once I get all the relevant links sorted.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 06-12-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Meh. I don't argue with religious zealots. I've put Choco and Derp on my "ignore" list so I can stay on the forum and keep my cortisol down.

That said, I may start a "Myths about VLC" thread, once I get all the relevant links sorted.
    Good plan. I would be happy to help with that thread.

Rickyg25 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I'll also add though that I'm now supplementing with B12 and D3. Hoping it helps.
    Marissa try reading "the mood cure". I forget the author but its a great read. I wish you the best. Depression is a bitch.

Rick Gold

richard is offline Senior Member
    a few slices of thick wonderful bacon, and some leftover duck curry and I was set all day. Man this is great.

Tonight it's a small piece of fresh fish with a ton of herb butter and leftover cauliflower in a green salad. Probably 50g of protein today, maybe 60g. Doing awesome.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg25 View Post
    Marissa try reading "the mood cure". I forget the author but its a great read. I wish you the best. Depression is a bitch.

Rick Gold
    Julia Ross. I haven't read it but I've heard good things about it from NamelessWonder.

Good plan. I would be happy to help with that thread.
    Sounds great! I'll add it to my list.

Today's food:
    Duck eggs and sausage, fried in lard. Tea w/cream.
    Cheese, chocolate butter, limeade
    Grassfed hotdogs w/ketchup and mayo.

I had the pre-menstrual munchies today. A bit bloated, but otherwise feeling good.

Rickyg25 is offline Member
    Julia Ross. I haven't read it but I've heard good things about it from NamelessWonder.
    Bingo!

richard is offline Senior Member
    what are

chocolate butter, limeade

Dragonfly?

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast