Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 687

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 47

  1. #461
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Shop Now
    lunch was an avocado with a bit of homemade kimchi.

    A few nuts here and there...

  2. #462
    something4me's Avatar
    something4me is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    S: chocolate cream jello
    Hi Dragonfly,
    Do you have a recipe for the chocolate cream jello?

  3. #463
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by something4me View Post
    Hi Dragonfly,
    Do you have a recipe for the chocolate cream jello?
    Lol! I just threw it together. Let's see... 2 rounded tablespoons gelatin powder, dissolve in sm amt of cold water, add 1.5 c hot water and stir, whisk in grated dark chocolate to taste, sweetener to taste (if needed), add 2 cups heavy cream and mix. Refrigerate.

  4. #464
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    last night I made pastured pork butt, braised, pulled-pork style, with a salad. The pulled pork used a sauce that I made. Since I had guests I used sugar. Not a lot of sugar, probably 3 tablespoons, over a lot of pulled pork, so I doubt I got much sugar. I didn't have any unusual feelings or cravings.

    This morning I'm on my second cup of butter tea. I will probably fast until the afternoon.

    BTW, this pastured pork is not ideal. It's far tastier and it's humanely raised and slaughtered. The pigs live in the woods. But I can tell from the fat, they get most of their calories from the farmer's daily feed of crap -- corn, molasses, some minerals. Yuck.

    I will order from someone else in the future. And I got taken to the cleaners -- I think I overpaid and got short changed. Which I have found is very common in dealing over the years with farmers and processors. You often get short changed "thumb on the scale" type stuff.

    But my major complaint is that the fat is very similar to factory farm pork fat. I will try Slankers next. They say they do NOT feed their pigs grains at all.

  5. #465
    dkJames's Avatar
    dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    477
    Richard, since going primal, I have been eating less pork meat than usual. It was not a conscious choice but between beef / lamb and fish, an occasional chicken or duck here and there, my pork consumption is close to 0. I do eat bacon once in a while but pork meat is close to nil. Funny how things change unnoticed for some time until you read about what others are eating

  6. #466
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Richard, since going primal, I have been eating less pork meat than usual. It was not a conscious choice but between beef / lamb and fish, an occasional chicken or duck here and there, my pork consumption is close to 0. I do eat bacon once in a while but pork meat is close to nil. Funny how things change unnoticed for some time until you read about what others are eating
    I was eating bacon but not as much pork either. Because of the poor quality of pork meat and the poor fat profile, as well as the inhumane treatment of pigs. But now I'm determined to eat more pork and good pork. I think we're getting closer.

    What I am avoiding more now is factory or even organic chicken. When you have started consuming real pastured chickens you just can't go back to those rubbery awful chickens. I think chicken meat is some of the lowest quality meat in terms of fat profiles and I never liked white meat. I could I suppose eat white meat and add some other good fat to it, which I would do if I was short on funds. But pastured chicken is what we go for now, maybe $12 for a chicken instead of $8, and it is a small chicken but SO good.

  7. #467
    dkJames's Avatar
    dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    477
    Totally agree. Pigs and chickens are probably the most mistreated animals. Chickens that we eat are pastured as well and it is a rare thing in our plate. No compromise here. As to pigs, I am not a big fan of its meat and since they are treated like crap, I am not supporting this (bacon seems to snick in though, and I have to think about it).

  8. #468
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Port Townsend, Washington
    Posts
    3,736
    We are lucky to have some good pastured pork here. Did you know that bacon is one of the most nutrient-dense foods, according to Mat Lalonde, AHS presenter.

    My sleep has been great the last two nights! Bi-phasic, but deep and dream-filled.

    And it's been so easy to drop body fat! The first time I went vlc, I ate too much protein, too few calories and I was hungry all the time. Now, no hunger, plenty of energy and I am heading for bikini-ready without the struggle.

  9. #469
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Hi all, sorry I have not been around. I have been really struggling with my depression, I'm hoping it's on the mend now. My pdoc did some medication tweaks, but needless to say it's been really difficult trying to maintain a healthy diet of any kind, let alone maintain VLC. I think for right now I'm going to bow out of my VLC quest and just try to eat as paleo as I possibly can and try to avoid binges. I think when I'm in this frame of mind, going VLC just exacerbated the urges to binge, as I have noticed a decline in binge behavior when I haven't been restricting any one food group. I'm sure I will revisit VLC in the future, but for now it's just not working for me.

  10. #470
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Hi all, sorry I have not been around. I have been really struggling with my depression, I'm hoping it's on the mend now. My pdoc did some medication tweaks, but needless to say it's been really difficult trying to maintain a healthy diet of any kind, let alone maintain VLC. I think for right now I'm going to bow out of my VLC quest and just try to eat as paleo as I possibly can and try to avoid binges. I think when I'm in this frame of mind, going VLC just exacerbated the urges to binge, as I have noticed a decline in binge behavior when I haven't been restricting any one food group. I'm sure I will revisit VLC in the future, but for now it's just not working for me.
    makes perfect sense. You'll get it figured out, I think, because you are observant and trying a lot of different things.

Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •