Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Oh the peeing is just dropping water weight/electrolyte balancing. I think women may have this more than men due to our hormonal profile.. I started vlc less than a week ago, so I expected this. It will slow down soon.

Thanks, Richard! I do fine with dark chocolate, and it is one of my few carb sources, since I am FODMAPS intolerant. I only do 30 g/day, in any case.
    ah, yes, this is a very diuretic way of eating for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Are you supplementing Magnesium, too? I can't remember from your previous posts. Curious what your blood level is with that much D.
    I am supplementing a small amount of magnesium citrate, probably 200mg (I use a powder.)

I haven't had a test done in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    I am supplementing a small amount of magnesium citrate, probably 200mg (I use a powder.)

I haven't had a test done in many years.
    I generally recommend 400-600 mg to all of my clients, especially that amount of D. Unless they eat a lot of seafood or nuts.

why does high D3 supplementation call for more magnesium?

I find that much gives me too loose a stool for sure.

Magnesium is a cofactor for D3 and most folks are deficient in it. Mag citrate has a bigger laxative effect than Glycinate or Malate, so you could switch if you think you need more.

Read the first answer in this link for a decent explanation: Vitamin D Without Magnesium = Weird Side Effects? - PaleoHacks.com

And I think high D3 supplementation without testing is not a great idea long-term. Vit. A and D3 compete for some of the same receptors and if you have a D3 blood level at a much higher than a physiological range, I think you are creating an unnecessary imbalance for your body.

thanks -- maybe I'll up my magnesium a bit.

I do take A sometimes, and K3 every day.

Some days I skip D3, some days I take 5000 or 10,000 units, somedays 50,000 units.

Cravings

Last night I went to a party. I was strict with VLC. I ate some beef, a bit of chicken, and some delicious home made dip my wife made that was loaded with cream cheese, artichokes and spinach.

I didn't cheat but I ate maybe 40g or protein.

Today I had much greater cravings this morning for more food. But I ate 2 butter eggs, butter tea, and a bunch of asparagus salad that I made with olive oil. And some macadamia nuts when I was still hungry.

Anyway, do you notice much higher cravings if you have greater amounts of protein than the "deck of cards" size portions?

The same day I ate more carbs recently, I also ate more protein, so hard to tell.

I made a chocolate cream jello yesterday. Pretty good and very satiating.
    Was hoping for more of a pudding without having to cook, but I will have to reduce the gelatin next time.

yeah, I'm not eating any food that is like a baked good or dessert. It triggers me too much...

Shop Now
    I hear you, Richard! This is so low sugar, that it doesn't trigger me, fortunately. I am avoiding any baked goods, though.

B: eggs cooked in lard, sour cream and salsa. Tea w/ cream, dark chocolate
    D: burger with Dubliner cheese and spinach, kombucha, dark chocolate
    S: chocolate cream jello