Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 44

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    we aren't responsible for our likes and dislikes. We have no control over them.

But we can try new things. My wife hates liver too, but she enjoys my pate or chopped liver.

You can get a few chicken livers and boil until still slightly pink inside. The boiling water shoudl contain a bit of onion and garlic. Then you take the liver and onion and garlic out, and process in the food processor with grass fed butter (a lot of butter, lol.) Make sure you have a lot of salt and pepper as you eat this cold and you want to flavor to come through. Some add just a dash of cognac or whisky.

Then you refrigerate. It's freakin' delicious. Just a small amount goes a long way.
    Maybe I will try this. Thanks Richard!!

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    How many eggs can I eat for breakfast without going over in protein grams? In fact, how do I figure out how many grams of protein I can have a day without it being too much? A deck of cards sounds reasonable, that usually about 4 oz or so of meat. But what about eggs?
    according to PaleoTrack data,1hard boiled egg has 6.3 grams of protein so you could eat a lot!
    Last edited by Aili; 05-30-2013 at 08:24 AM.

richard is offline Senior Member
    i figure 7g per egg, I have two or three eggs.

Here's what I do now. I put about 2 tablespoons grassfed butter into a skillet and heat it up very gently so the butter melts and is foaming and then I add two or three eggs from the shell. Then I continue gently heating while stirring the eggs and butter together.

Egg yolk is a terrific emulsifier so it all mixes with the butter and results in fantastic "butter eggs" that give the ratio of 80% fat calories we want, or close to it, and tastes great.

i figure 7g per egg, I have two or three eggs.

Here's what I do now. I put about 2 tablespoons grassfed butter into a skillet and heat it up very gently so the butter melts and is foaming and then I add two or three eggs from the shell. Then I continue gently heating while stirring the eggs and butter together.

Egg yolk is a terrific emulsifier so it all mixes with the butter and results in fantastic "butter eggs" that give the ratio of 80% fat calories we want, or close to it, and tastes great.
    I was using coconut oil to cook my eggs, but butter is so much better. Tastes great!

Woke this morning with an absolute SPLITTING headache. Had to take some Aleve, couldn't deal with this one with no medication. Wondering why the horrible headache though. Carb flu?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Woke this morning with an absolute SPLITTING headache. Had to take some Aleve, couldn't deal with this one with no medication. Wondering why the horrible headache though. Carb flu?
    This happens to me when I am not eating enough salt. Some salt under my tongue helped yesterday when I was feeling headachey. Otherwise, I drink some liberally salted bone broth.

Marissa, I had a TERRIBLE headache this morning too. Had to take ibuprofen. MAybe related to bad allergies and residual inflammation in my body...allergies were HORRIBLE for me this morning, a nightmare.

Same thing happened last year...and by summer I was fine.
    Last edited by richard; 05-30-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Marissa, I had a TERRIBLE headache this morning too. Had to take ibuprofen. MAybe related to bad allergies and residual inflammation in my body...allergies were HORRIBLE for me this morning, a nightmare.

Same thing happened last year...and by summer I was fine.
    So sorry to hear that. Mine is still going, I've tried a few different things, nothing is working. Starting to feel like a migraine. If that's the case then it will be around for about 12 hours or so. That's how long mine usually last.

I had two helpings of butter tea this morning, then nothing until 1pm when I had an avocado, a bit of ham and a bit of salami. Plus about 40 pistachios later on. Now it's dinner and we're having fish and salad. Probably ending up to be a low protein day, 35g or so perhaps.

Had a very difficult day with work and feel upset about all that. But one thing I notice is I'm not nearly as emotional and it doesn't affect me nearly as it used to.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Had my version of a "carb up". Won't do it again; immediate bloat, probably from the banana.

B: salmon salad with olives, banana chocolate cream pudding
    L: cottage cheese and banana chocolate cream pudding
    D: pork tacos, glass of red wine

Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast