Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 42

richard is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Did you consider pure glucose syrup instead ? Not that a Tbsp of honey would contain too much fructose but pure glucose would guaranty you that you don't ingest any fructose.
    Great point. My reasoning reason is, unheated raw honey is natural. I think there are huge arguments for that. Honey has a host of positive things in it. As long as it's infrequent I think it's superior to something that is not natural. I eat no fruit at this point, and no fructose. I don't think fructose is the absolute devil. It is something we are designed to consume at times of the year in certain minimal quantities, don't you think?

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I personally think that little bit if fructose is just fine, and raw honey has so many other benefits too.

Got my test results, everything seems to be in normal range so that's good. I took a mag supplement last night before bed and slept like a baby, it was so wonderful. I didn't want to get up this morning!! Otherwise feeling pretty good today, except for weighing at the doc and knowing I have gained all my weight back. So starting from the beginning again, which kinda sucks,, but it's just something that I have to deal with. Oh well. Not going to let it bring me down!!

breakfast was two scrambled eggs with a ton of butter and two grass fed hotdogs, total of 25g protein. I feel good today. I've been working very hard and have had a very easy time of it with good steady energy levels.

Dragonfly is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I personally think that little bit if fructose is just fine, and raw honey has so many other benefits too.

Got my test results, everything seems to be in normal range so that's good. I took a mag supplement last night before bed and slept like a baby, it was so wonderful. I didn't want to get up this morning!! Otherwise feeling pretty good today, except for weighing at the doc and knowing I have gained all my weight back. So starting from the beginning again, which kinda sucks,, but it's just something that I have to deal with. Oh well. Not going to let it bring me down!!
    Agree re: honey.

Marissa, what was your D3 number? Optimal range is 50-60 ng/ml, with autoimmune or depression, 60-80 ng/ml is optimal.
    I do lots of reading on D3 for my work, and I've successfully eliminated asthma and seasonal depression with appropriate supplementation. Oh, and D3 is great for fat loss!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Agree re: honey.

Marissa, what was your D3 number? Optimal range is 50-60 ng/ml, with autoimmune or depression, 60-80 ng/ml is optimal.
    I do lots of reading on D3 for my work, and I've successfully eliminated asthma and seasonal depression with appropriate supplementation. Oh, and D3 is great for fat loss!
    You won't believe this. My D3 came back at 38. No wonder my depressive episodes are still so out of control!!!

so I don't know if this will help, but what if you take D3?

I take 50,000 units a day quite often, with some K2 (must take them both) and some A, which are co-factors. I can't say I've seen dramatic improvements due to this because I do so many other things differently...

But I do think it's safe to take large quantities of D3 for months at a time...would that help?

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    so I don't know if this will help, but what if you take D3?

I take 50,000 units a day quite often, with some K2 (must take them both) and some A, which are co-factors. I can't say I've seen dramatic improvements due to this because I do so many other things differently...

But I do think it's safe to take large quantities of D3 for months at a time...would that help?
    So you have to take D3 and K2 together? It says the best way to get the vitamin D that we need is through sunlight. But I can't really lay in the sun that much, I have four little ones that I have to keep safe all day long. Sometimes laying out isn't an option.

B12 seems low too, came back at 456.

Dragonfly is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    You won't believe this. My D3 came back at 38. No wonder my depressive episodes are still so out of control!!!
    OK, so 38 isn't disastrous for most, but still low for you.

12,000 IUs of D3/day for 3 months will get your level up fast. Retest then & see where you are, so you can adjust your dosage.

Maintenance for most folk is 1000 IU per 25 lbs of body weight.

Lots more info at the Vitamin D Council website.

I recommend Carlsons Solar D Gems to all my clients. Amazon has the best price I've found.

Take D3 with your breakfast/1st meal.

You need sufficient Vitamin A (3-4 oz liver per week), Magnesium Chelate (400-600 mg), and K2 (frequent European hard cheese &/or pastured butter) in your diet when taking D3.

Liver will also help with your low B12.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 05-29-2013 at 05:37 PM.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    OK, so 38 isn't disastrous for most, but still low for you.

12,000 IUs of D3/day for 3 months will get your level up fast. Retest then & see where you are, so you can adjust your dosage.

Maintenance for most folk is 1000 IU per 25 lbs of body weight.

Lots more info at the Vitamin D Council website.

I recommend Carlsons Solar D Gems to all my clients. Amazon has the best price I've found.

Take D3 with your breakfast/1st meal.

You need sufficient Vitamin A (3-4 oz liver per week), Magnesium Chelate (400-600 mg), and K2 (European hard cheese & pastured butter) when taking D3.

Liver will also help with your low B12.
    Yikes, I don't eat liver. Any other suggestions?

Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast