Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 41

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    B: tea w/ heavy cream, pork pâté on Gouda slices, 15 g dark chocolate
    L: pork belly, spinach and huckleberry BBQ stir fry with sour cream , cottage cheese with cream and 1 tsp sugar
    D: "Brandy Sondra" ~ 1 oz brandy, 1 tsp sugar, 2 oz cream poured over ice.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 05-28-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post

I have already found that I have more endurance this way. I haven't lifted weights due to a tendon injury but I suspect that will go very well when I start up again. So no need for glycogen loading for me, I think. We'll see.
    Me too! I do a BBS inspired workout with body weight and free weights once a week. No need for carb-loading for me, but then my workout is only 15 min long! I walk 1-2 hours daily and dance barefoot one hour a week. No need for carbs for dance either, though I was a bit gentler than usual, since I was just recovered from an elbow injury.

richard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Hi Richard!! Been really struggling with a bout of depression and binges, but I'm back to keto eating for good now and have made the commitment to myself. I'm sorry I have been so flaky, doing the best I can to get out of this cycle. But I know I can do it!!! I have missed being around for your updates, but am looking to you for inspiration!! Thanks for being there!
    hi there, welcome back!!!

studies show that if you binge or cave in on something you are trying to establish as a new habit, best to forgive yourself, just give yourself permission to be human, it's part of your path, and get back on the horse. You are doing great just being here Marissa. I'm sure you are much better at your eating than most people are. It's all a process for us to just move forward and sometimes that looks like going backwards but it's not.

studies show that if you binge or cave in on something you are trying to establish as a new habit, best to forgive yourself, just give yourself permission to be human, it's part of your path, and get back on the horse. You are doing great just being here Marissa. I'm sure you are much better at your eating than most people are. It's all a process for us to just move forward and sometimes that looks like going backwards but it's not.
    +1 Are you taking Magnesium, Marissa? I found it really useful for curbing binges.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    +1 Are you taking Magnesium, Marissa? I found it really useful for curbing binges.
    I haven't been doing it regularly, but I will certainly give it a try!!! I will do anything to get past this cycle I'm in. Thank you for the suggestion!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I haven't been doing it regularly, but I will certainly give it a try!!! I will do anything to get past this cycle I'm in. Thank you for the suggestion!!
    I take 350 mg every night before bed.

Also, how is your D3 blood level?

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I take 350 mg every night before bed.

Also, how is your D3 blood level?
    Just got my vit D tested a few days ago. Will get the results tomorrow.

Good morning!

My daily drink
    I take a cocktail of about 1/2 teaspoon of magnesium citrate powder, ascorbate, sea salt and a bit of potassium chloride (you can buy it as Litesalt or Nosalt in the USA). This seems to help with cramps etc. and provides me enough magnesium without causing loose stools.

I usually take this in the morning.

Yesterday I did IF until around 1:30pm and it worked out well. We had braised grass fed short ribs for dinner and I ate yesterday probably 50g or 60g in protein.

My experiences with a tablespoon of honey
    I had a tablespoon of honey after dinner as I felt very depleted. I probably have honey like this maybe once a week or so. It's high quality raw honey and each time it seems sweeter than the last time, and has a greater effect on me that I can feel.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My experiences with a tablespoon of honey
    I had a tablespoon of honey after dinner as I felt very depleted. I probably have honey like this maybe once a week or so. It's high quality raw honey and each time it seems sweeter than the last time, and has a greater effect on me that I can feel.
    Did you consider pure glucose syrup instead ? Not that a Tbsp of honey would contain too much fructose but pure glucose would guaranty you that you don't ingest any fructose.

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast