Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 4

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    He seems to believe that less sat fat will mean less stress on your body and faster adaptation to a fat burning metabolism.

I dropped dairy after reading his book just out of curiosity, and lost 6 lbs in a week. Since weightloss is not your goal, you may not need to lower sat fat.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    He seems to believe that less sat fat will mean less stress on your body and faster adaptation to a fat burning metabolism.

I dropped dairy after reading his book just out of curiosity, and lost 6 lbs in a week. Since weightloss is not your goal, you may not need to lower sat fat.
    How much dairy were you eating? I am having heavy cream in my coffee, but that's pretty much it for dairy unless I have a bit of cheese occasionally. I can't eat coconut milk, and have to really limit coconut meat because it gives me bad digestive upset. Is coconut oil a sat fat?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    Do you know how much protein is contained in bone broth? Obviously it varies a lot.
    Bone broth which sets up about the consistency of jello contains about 1/3 of an ounce of gelatin in a 2 cup portion. If it is thick but fluid, maybe half that. If it is hard and solid, then twice that.

So it's not all that much protein you're getting if you are consuming normal portions and it's not supplemented or cooked down.

richard is offline Senior Member
    coconut oil is sat fat, for sure. But it has a lot of medium chain fatty acids in it that are believed to have some kind of advantages, not sure what exactly at the moment. (MCT oil you buy is capric and caprylic acid extracted from coconut oil.) One thing, coconut oil's caprylic acid is highly fungicidal and effective against candida apparently, FWIW.

I'm eating only butter, no other dairy than that. I had some cheese three or four days ago, raw milk cheese, and I think I am mildly intolerant of cheese so it will be an occasional treat. I find goat and lamb's milk cheese easier to tolerate.

an under appreciated fat is red palm oil, which is highly saturated. I bought some at Whole Foods but there are a ton of brands you can buy. It is unfiltered and contains a lot of tocotrienols, variations of vitamin E, and I think is very healthy. I made a homemade mayo with it and I use that to add fat into food. I'm having a small bit of flounder, maybe 40g of flounder (much less protein) and I'll slather it with the mayo and gain fat that way.

Red palm oil doesn't seem to have the digestive issues that coconut oil has. I don't have serious issues with coconut oil and am slowly increasing my consumption of it in my tea.

I don't have issues with coconut oil, I tolerate that really well. It's just other coconut products that I seem to have an issue with. I occasionally use butter, but not very often, so most of my fat will probably come from animal products and coconut oil.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I was eating 1-2 oz of cheese plus about a 1/4 cup of heavy cream every day.

I agree with the value of coconut products and did not give them up.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-25-2013 at 09:56 AM.

I don't have issues with coconut oil, I tolerate that really well. It's just other coconut products that I seem to have an issue with. I occasionally use butter, but not very often, so most of my fat will probably come from animal products and coconut oil.

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    i am finding it very hard to eat low protein , i average 105 g a day , well its because if im not going to eat carbs(20g or so is like nothing) then where would i get solid food from i wont be eating sticks of butter thats just disgusting and not satisfing , could u guys plz give a sample of what u might eat in a day , thank u(trying to get in ketosis for the last two weeks but just nt getting there as the ketostick is always negative, i think it is the PROTEIN, bec my carbs are averaging maximum of 25g a day)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    i am finding it very hard to eat low protein , i average 105 g a day , well its because if im not going to eat carbs(20g or so is like nothing) then where would i get solid food from i wont be eating sticks of butter thats just disgusting and not satisfing , could u guys plz give a sample of what u might eat in a day , thank u(trying to get in ketosis i think it is the PROTEIN, bec my carbs are averaging maximum of 25g a day)
    I just ate an avocado with a lot of home made mayonaise. I drink tea with a tablespoon or two of butter and some coconut oil dissolved in it and it is delicious. That is how I go through the day. Also some bone broth with fat in it.

I'm finishing a snack of salami (no nitrite) which is loaded with fat, 6g protein, 9g of fat. It is basically my lunch. It's a small portion. I'm not really very hungry anyway.

I might have a small portion of meat with extra butter in it for dinner.

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast