Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 39

richard is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last night I had about a tablespoon of raw honey. It has a powerful effect. I'm making enough glycogen now, I can tell, and don't need it. I wouldn't make a habit of it. But it did make me feel good.

this morning, woke up at 6am and a bit later ate breakfast. A grassfed burger, 2 eggs and butter tea. Probably 40g or 45g of protein. A big protein meal for me. I am going to be traveling today and won't eat for 12 to 14 hours from now unless I find some snack somewhere. I probably ate too much protein this morning but it should be okay.

I realized I've drifted a bit into higher protein levels in general since I started. I do feel good though. Perhaps this is the level that I should be at and it isn't that high in any event. I am eating probably half as much as I used to, which is a pretty big deal right there. And I'm not hungry most of the time.

I'll continue to tweak.

ate kinda bad tonight. Chicken wings made in crap oil no doubt, and a bit of salad with meat in it. On the road. Probably 30g of protein, but the bad kind of fat. Well could be worse.

this morning still out of town...had small amount of eggs and some sausage and bacon, probably 35g of protein, and some butter tea.

Lunch was some weird fried pork. Ah well.

Dinner was some pan sauteed beef. More protein but I didn't eat much.
    Probably 90g of protein today.
    Last edited by richard; 05-23-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: added lunch, added dinner

Today it was a flight back and all I ate during the day was:

1. a cup of coffee in the morning

2. butter tea in the afternoon

3. an avocado

4. a handful of pistachios

Wasnt' really hungry. Now in the evening I am feeling a bit hungry.

Still a few issues with the lower intestinal tract in terms of loose stool...

when you start something like this you want to go to find a new equilibrium. Mine is that i have less of a visible stomach and I eat about half as much as I used to. And I feel much better.

I am probably tending to 70g of protein a day, maybe a bit more. This seems to be where I currently feel best. On the other hand I haven't been diligent about bone broth as I would like to be, primarily because it's tough for me to find grass fed bones at below an astronomical price.

I also think I still have gut issues as evidenced by my loose stool. I will continue and see where things go. I think I have a major intolerance for hot peppers which I love and this is probably something I will cut out entirely for awhile to see what happens.

I think a lot of people don't succeed with paleo type eating due to inflammatory issues with certain foods. For me, any nightshade is bad. I thought white potatoes were okay but I'm not so sure now that I don't eat them.

My GI tract seems better today, it doesn't hurt anywhere.

Last night we ate pastured chicken and mushrooms and asparagus. I ate a small amount of chicken, about 15g of protein, and a lot of the veggies.

Probably ate 40g of protein yesterday.

Today I woke up feeling not quite as good. Maybe it's the low protein of yesterday...don't really know.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Hey richard, been busy of late and haven't been reading through all your posts, but I see that you're fine tuning and figuring out what works best for you. As for your gut, have you considered a probiotic? It's suppose to help with the gut flora and GI problems in general.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Hey richard, been busy of late and haven't been reading through all your posts, but I see that you're fine tuning and figuring out what works best for you. As for your gut, have you considered a probiotic? It's suppose to help with the gut flora and GI problems in general.
    yes I have a lot of probiotic choices here. I could start taking essential microbes, or eating home made fermented veggies again...maybe I will.

Part of this for me is two fold.

1. Recovering from an addiction to psyilum fiber and consequence "withdrawals."

2. Allergy/intolerance for capsicum. I really should lay off them altogether.

Thanks!

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Is it all capsicum? Because a great fermented veggie is kimchi. Bummer if it's all.

Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast