Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 37

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Might there be a more appropriate forum for you to find more support that doesn't require to you to "defend" your decisions? I work in the mental health field, I have celiacs and soy intolerance, I can appreciate trying to find the balance but I don't look to these forums for support. Maybe a ketosis specific forum for conditions? Just a thought so you can find the unconditional support that you most certainly deserve.
    Or I can just get the support here, on this thread, because I've been on this forum longer than you have and you don't have the right to tell people they need to go elsewhere.

As I said, live and let live, ya know?

Annnnnnyway.......

Overate peanut butter and an apple last night and then has some ice cream. Husband made crepes this morning so I had some of those, but back to keto now. Just a blip, just a blip.....

richard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Annnnnnyway.......

Overate peanut butter and an apple last night and then has some ice cream. Husband made crepes this morning so I had some of those, but back to keto now. Just a blip, just a blip.....
    yep, no big deal.You're doing great.

Last night we went to a Mexican place.I had nothing but a salad with a lot of avocado and olive oil dressing, and pork ribs. The ribs were baby back and I ate a little more than half and took the rest home. I felt cravings for something sweet but didn't give in.

Felt great, slept great, and this morning I feel really good. Am drinking butter tea and eating left over Korean food.

I think the reasons I had cravings were that the meat had sweet sauce baked into it. The Korean food does also. So I think a small amount of sugar in food can set me off.

one thing that is really encouraging is that a long term pain in the ass has gone away, and that has removed the need for psyillium fiber at least so far. I am not eating an excessive amount of vegetables or anything either. Much less volume of food than before in general, and vegetables may be just a salad, or some cooked chard or collards, or brocolli, once a day. And yet...I seem to have kicked the psyilium habit and this makes me feel good because I recently realized thanks to people here on this forum that it wasn't healthy. So I'm glad and I thank you if you were one of the ones who mentioned this to me!

Richard, so glad to hear you got that fiber habit out of the way. That's really awesome!!

I had a binge yesterday afternoon, wasn't horrible but still a binge nonetheless. Starting over today....

I know I can do this. I'm going to look around for a possible support group for the binges. I am also starting to read "Overcoming Binge Eating", I know there is something that can and will work for me. I can do this!!!

I think there are things.

One would be check out cold thermogenesis. You can try cold showers, or maybe better yet https://www.coolfatburner.com/

Another would be a breathing method that equalizes your hormonal imbalances, believe it or not. You can check out Breathing Slower and Less | Breathing Problems and Body O2 and I know that neither breathing nor cold seems to have to do with binges but it has everything to do with them because your binges are not your fault. Neither is your issues with bipolar of course.

The breathing method I have personal experience with over many years and it can clear up mood issues completely. It truly has been a miracle.

I am working with cold thermogenesis myself but it's early days yet on that one, personally. I take 5 to 7 minute cold showers and am experimenting with it.

and don't forget earthing, earthing, earthing. VERY anti-inflammatory. EXTREMELY healthy... and easy to do. I bought the grounding pad from lessemf.com and that's what I use for sleeping and for standing on at the computer.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    I seem to have kicked the psyilium habit and this makes me feel good because I recently realized thanks to people here on this forum that it wasn't healthy.
    That is really good news, Richard. I'm sure your intestines are much happier without that brillo pad scrubbing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Patric7olicoe View Post
    I'm in it now but it's gotten easier in just the last 24 hours.

Welcome! Hope you are feeling better!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That is really good news, Richard. I'm sure your intestines are much happier without that brillo pad scrubbing all the time.
    Paleobird I think you were one of those people who suggested I reconsider my psyillium habit. Thank you.

All isn't perfect. I have some pain down there, but it's not a big deal.

I started psyillium when I had a lot of anal pain and finally went to the proctologist, in 1989. He didn't have anything helpful to suggest. I was taking wheat germ and eating a "healthy" diet of whole grains etc. etc.

The psyillium made the pain go away and I thought, what a stupid doctor. Years and years went by and if I missed the psyillium I'd hurt.

I think now I'm getting my internal inflammation down so I don't need it anymore. Not sure it damaged me, it seems to have been helpful for a time but it's a great time to get rid of it and I've done that.

Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast