Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 36

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    I have to ask...is this really a natural Paleo diet quest? I thought Paleo was more about eating natural the way your body was built and eating the natural foods of the earth that our bodies were made to eat...and yet I see this thread about not eating hardly any protein and eating a ton of oil and fat in your meals...in ways like homemade mayo and butter. Forgive me but that doesn't seem like a lifestyle adjustment of healthy eating but another quick fix to lose weight. "cavemen" if you will were certainly not eating homemade mayonnaise, bulletproof coffee and butter.

I am off target here?
    If you read through all the posts you would see that Richard and I have actually increased out protein and have been feeling a lot better for it. It isn't low protein that we are doing, but more of a moderate amount, which we have increased over the course of the journey to suit our own needs and help us to feel our best.

I personally am using the ketogenic diet in order to control my bipolar disorder. It's really important to me and eating this way has helped completely eliminate all mood episodes, which is such a blessing for me, I can't even explain what a relief it is. We are all doing this for our own reasons, many of us for more than just the weight loss benefit. There is someone on here eating ketogenic to control epilepsy as well. To each their own. We are not here promoting our diet and saying that everyone else should be eating this way. We are simply doing what we feel works best for us. Some do well on ketogenic diet, others do not and that is fine.

Also, this is a support thread and it gets old having to constantly come here and "defend" ourselves to people who do not agree with this way of eating. Live and let live lady.

richard is offline Senior Member
    The paleo argument is difficult to respond to anyway. Because none of us have any idea what our ancestors in the paleolithic ate, and those foods are unavailable to us today in any event.

So we are experimenting here on ourselves and trying to figure out what works for us best. I stick to foods that are healthy and paleo in fact. Grass fed butter may not be paleo, but then again it's close. So is palm oil or coconut oil and grass fed meats.

Shrug.

Marissa, it's kind of odd how we both are experiencing some gastric issues.

I think mine are passing now (no pun intended, lol). My stomach is feeling better.

I think it was some sort of bug.

I've eaten a grass fed hotdog (yeah they have 'em) and a bit of salami today and a few almonds and my stomach is okay.

I took an antihistamine this morning though, alas.

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    Marissa, it's kind of odd how we both are experiencing some gastric issues.

I think mine are passing now (no pun intended, lol). My stomach is feeling better.

I think it was some sort of bug.

I've eaten a grass fed hotdog (yeah they have 'em) and a bit of salami today and a few almonds and my stomach is okay.

I took an antihistamine this morning though, alas.
    I still think mine was from the spicy food.

here it is 3pm and I've eaten one hotdog, a few almonds and a small amount of salami. I'm not hungry. I could eat, but I'm not hungry. Ketosis is amazing. That spoonful of honey didn't hurt me last night. I feel good mentally and physically. Stomach still bothering me a small amount but nothing like last night.

BP is high. Around 125/80 or so. Was 135/85. And my HR of 81. Just sitting here. Something is still amiss...

10 minutes later it's 114/70...still just sitting here, lol

at 5:00pm it's 105/70...so all is well...
    Last edited by richard; 05-17-2013 at 03:23 PM.

ate a bunch of wonderful Korean food. Probably had 45g of protein. But only about 15g the rest of the day. I am having a deep craving for dessert probably because of the large amount (relatively speaking) of protein I consumed in one meal. Not a lot for the day, just the meal.

My cravings have been all over the place today. Just trying to keep it keto and stay away from a binge.

Had diarrhea again this morning. I'm thinking it was because 1) I had 200mg of magnesium citrate, and 2) perhaps because I've been withdrawn from psyillium fiber, haven't used it in a week, after 24 years of daily use. Dunno...

Anyhow, I feel good today. Last night I had a tablespoon of raw honey after I ate, and that settled down my cravings after eating relatively high protein.

This morning I had butter tea. My BP was 105/70 range. I don't feel hungry.

ate an avocado with some leftover meat from the Korean meal.

Supplements I'm taking:

100mg Ubuquinol (Coenzyme Q10)
    8mg astaxanthin
    1g krill oil
    400units high gamma E
    50,000 units (sometimes 5000 or sometimes none) of Vitamin D3
    4g ascorbate
    200mg alpha-lipoic acid
    200mcg selenium
    12.5mg iodine/iodide (Ioderal)
    B complex

amyb is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Might there be a more appropriate forum for you to find more support that doesn't require to you to "defend" your decisions? I work in the mental health field, I have celiacs and soy intolerance, I can appreciate trying to find the balance but I don't look to these forums for support. Maybe a ketosis specific forum for conditions? Just a thought so you can find the unconditional support that you most certainly deserve.

Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast