Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 687

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 34

  1. #331
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    I think this is a mistake. Calories in can be ANYTHING and you will remain ketogenic and lose fat. The key is what you eat and you are eating the right things. Do NOT worry you can have ANY quantity of calories. The body burns excess calories as heat energy very efficiently when you are in ketosis. That is what I've been studying about, the biochemistry. Jack Kruse has a lot of great material on this although it's tough going. But the point is, when you are in ketogenic mode, you are 4 or 5 times more efficient at using energy, specifically fat, and burning off excess and not storing it. It's what the "must have calorie deficit to lose weight" people don't get right.
    I've always been of the mindset that calories matter, no matter what they are. Regardless, it's not like I'm going to go crazy and eat 3000 calories a day or something while in ketosis, I don't even think that would be possible for me, lol!! I'm just not that hungry. I don't know really anything about the science of it, but I agree with you and especially for me, counting calories is a bad idea because I get really obsessed. There's a whole lot more to it, bunch of details I won't bore everyone here with, but it all ties into my bingeing behavior, etc.

    So anyway, no more counting calories for me, yay!!!

  2. #332
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Yesterday I probably had 60g or 70g of protein, maybe even 80g. But I ate two meals and wasn't hungry at all between them. Breakfast at around 8am, dinner around 8pm.

    I felt good for the whole day.

    Today I ate maybe 30g of protein for breakfast, perhaps a little more. And butter tea and some butter and palm oil on my protein (lamb and chicken). We'll see how things go today.

    One thing is I'm not sleeping that long. Today I slept maybe 4 hours. I don't feel terrific but I feel pretty good. I think I may stop going to Yoga very early. I'm not sure it's healthy to go through that so early and off my regular schedule. I will have to put Yoga in the middle of the day which I think is better.

    I am going to use how I feel as a better guide as to what to do day to day. I think timing of my eating and sleeping is important. Natural rhythms must assert themselves. I have thrown all that off by making radical changes which is fine, they need to be done. But now I want to seek homeostasis in my new ketogenic eating style and that means figuring out when to eat, rather than what to eat. And figuring out when to exercise, when to wake up and when to be super active.

    I weighed 174.5 pounds today. I was probably 181 3 or 3 weeks ago. More striking is that I probably can fit in size 34 jeans and on my way to size 32. That's good, but the key point is to feel better than ever before and be healthier than ever before. And I think timing and the "when" are going to become more important and something I observe very carefully.

  3. #333
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I've always been of the mindset that calories matter, no matter what they are. Regardless, it's not like I'm going to go crazy and eat 3000 calories a day or something while in ketosis, I don't even think that would be possible for me, lol!! I'm just not that hungry. I don't know really anything about the science of it, but I agree with you and especially for me, counting calories is a bad idea because I get really obsessed. There's a whole lot more to it, bunch of details I won't bore everyone here with, but it all ties into my bingeing behavior, etc.

    So anyway, no more counting calories for me, yay!!!
    That is really a great idea. It is far better to just eat high fat and moderate/low protein and see how you feel and not worry about calories at all. Very smart and it really frees you from a burden, doesn't it?

  4. #334
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    That is really a great idea. It is far better to just eat high fat and moderate/low protein and see how you feel and not worry about calories at all. Very smart and it really frees you from a burden, doesn't it?
    It does free me from the burden of painstakingly counting and measuring every day, yes. But to say this transition to no calorie counting has been easy....well, not so much. It's difficult for me, mostly because of my disordered eating patterns I think. But I'm in therapy to help heal myself, so it would be kinda silly for me to pay all that money and not take his advice about my problems, lol!! Overall I think I do feel better just listening to my body instead of forcing myself to eat, or not eat, in order to reach a specific calorie goal. And I'm weighing myself periodically so I can still track my progress. I haven't done measurements in awhile either....I should do those soon.

    Anyway, yes listening to my body is much better, but i'm still getting used to it. It feels weird to me, but I'm sure will feel more and more natural as the days pass.

  5. #335
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    i did much better yesterday with higher protein. Ate two meals, and a small snack of a bit of chicken around 4pm.

    Today I had breakfast of butter tea and 2 eggs and 3 grass fed hotdogs, total of 30g of protein. I feel pretty good today. Slept very, very well.

    I still have to figure out how I'm going to incorporate Yoga into this. I am not going to get up at 5:15am and go anymore. I'm listening to my body more and that is too tough on me.

  6. #336
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    i did much better yesterday with higher protein. Ate two meals, and a small snack of a bit of chicken around 4pm.

    Today I had breakfast of butter tea and 2 eggs and 3 grass fed hotdogs, total of 30g of protein. I feel pretty good today. Slept very, very well.

    I still have to figure out how I'm going to incorporate Yoga into this. I am not going to get up at 5:15am and go anymore. I'm listening to my body more and that is too tough on me.
    Richard, so glad to hear that you are feeling better and better these days!!! That's awesome.

    Is there a later yoga you could go to?

  7. #337
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Having some intestinal distress this morning. Likely because I ate chile verde last night and it was pretty spicy. Ugh.

  8. #338
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Richard, so glad to hear that you are feeling better and better these days!!! That's awesome.

    Is there a later yoga you could go to?
    yeah I can go all day and the best time is 4pm or so, in terms of my body's timing. But that is rush hour...

    I'm starting to believe exercise is best for me before dinner rather than early morning...

    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Having some intestinal distress this morning. Likely because I ate chile verde last night and it was pretty spicy. Ugh.
    yeah probably so. I find that "chemical" irritants (like capsicum) cause more issues than "mechanical" ones (like hard almonds or lettuce).

  9. #339
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    had very bad allergies last night. Even had to take an antihistamine which I haven't taken in years. Not sure why it was so bad but it was.

    Just ate some almonds. Stressful day today, business wise, and that is affecting my appetite a little bit. I could have avoided eating but felt like doing it for stress reasons. Didn't overdo them, probably ate 25 almonds.

  10. #340
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i was doing very intense intellectual and demanding work today. I felt hungrier. I ate some chicken around 4PM with some palm oil. I think it is related -- being hungrier and the work I've been doing today.

Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •