Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 33

richard is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry that is not what I meant I was just asking. Thank you for being here! !

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Marissa, It takes me 4-7 days to get back into ketosis after a binge.
    Thank you for the info Pebbles, I appreciate that. It's taking quite a long time, very weird to me but oh well. I'm just plugging along, not going to let it bother me anymore. I haven't tested this morning, but probably will pretty soon here.

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    ate 3 buttery eggs and some bacon, maybe 28g of protein, feel really, really good!

How are you feeling Marissa?

Pebbles67 are you doing low carb low protein yourself? Are you pursuing ketogenic nutrition?
    Thanks for asking, I'm feeling pretty good, although yesterday I almost binged again. I was extremely restless and bored, I was trying to keep myself busy but having a really hard time. One of the meds I take has the tendency to increase appetite and also make me feel restless. I'm thinking about having my doc bring me down on it, but I don't see her again till the 23rd. It would also help if I got back into ketosis because I know that really, really helps with my cravings for carbs and really brings my appetite down in general. Just patiently waiting here, lol!!!

So far today I feel pretty good. Hoping to get in a good workout today.

Pebbles, I don't think he meant that you are not welcome to post here. You are always welcome here.

last night I had some more butter tea after dinner and felt nauseated and weird for several hours. Not a good idea. I think I will up my protein levels today.

I have some crampy weirdness going on where if I stretch the wrong way I start to cramp. I will defrost some bone broth and drink that.
    Sorry you were not feeling well, that stinks. I also have been having this weird crampy feeling in my calves mostly, like if I stretch I'm right on the verge of getting a Charlie horse. I have been taking magnesium in an effort to help with that feeling. Seems to help a bit. Also lots of water helps too.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Yeah, I'm over it now. Just like seeing the pink sticks. makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, lol!!! Sorry about your weight gain. If it was overnight, don't you think it was just water weight? I mean there's no way you gained that amount of fat in just one day.
    I don't know what the gain is from. Maybe it's me sipping on this bone broth and no knowing what it actually contains, in terms of macros. Not really concerned with it as this was a pattern I experienced early on. Measuring my body and using the calipers are more telling. I'm trying to also cycle my calories based on my activities to see how my body reacts. I am trying to eat more calories on days I workout and eat less on those days I'm not. In addition, I shortened my IF window to see how my body reacts. My body maybe responding to these changes. i'm just happy my headache is gone from yesterday and was able to get good rest last night. Feeling much better today. I was able to do a short yoga workout this morning. Hope you're doing well.
    Last edited by dob; 05-14-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    I don't know what the gain is from. Maybe it's me sipping on this bone broth and no knowing what it actually contains, in terms of macros. Not really concerned with it as this was a pattern I experienced early on. Measuring my body and using the calipers are more telling. I'm trying to also cycle my calories based on my activities to see how my body reacts. I am trying to eat more calories on days I workout and eat less on those days I'm not. In addition, I shortened my IF window to see how my body reacts. My body maybe responding to these changes. i'm just happy my headache is gone from yesterday and was able to get good rest last night. Feeling much better today. I was able to do a short yoga workout this morning. Hope you're doing well.
    I think what you are experiencing are just normal fluctuations in body weight from day to day. Water retention and whatnot will affect our weight on a daily basis. So glad the headache is gone and you are feeling better today, that is wonderful news!!

I'm doing well, although I didn't work out yet today. I'm seriously lacking motivation, not sure why. I laid out in the sun for a bit, hopefully that helps to get my energy up. I have a couple yoga workouts I can do, or pilates. maybe I will pop one of those dvd's in a little later and work out that way. Oh and ketostix are still negative, my guess is it's taking longer because I haven't worked out since the binge, except for a couple walks here and there.

I think what you are experiencing are just normal fluctuations in body weight from day to day. Water retention and whatnot will affect our weight on a daily basis. So glad the headache is gone and you are feeling better today, that is wonderful news!!

I'm doing well, although I didn't work out yet today. I'm seriously lacking motivation, not sure why. I laid out in the sun for a bit, hopefully that helps to get my energy up. I have a couple yoga workouts I can do, or pilates. maybe I will pop one of those dvd's in a little later and work out that way. Oh and ketostix are still negative, my guess is it's taking longer because I haven't worked out since the binge, except for a couple walks here and there.
    well it isn't necessary to always do exercise either. I sometimes get tired and just want to lay around and then I just do that. No reason to worry about it, IMHO.

I think this is really important. Sometimes you just have to recharge.

I feel okay today. Not the greatest. Okay.

I had three eggs with a lot of butter and some normal tea, then some butter tea. and some bacon, and it held me all day. In fact it's almost dinner time and I haven't eaten or snacked.

I'm thinking the additional protein was a good idea for me. That's what I needed. I may have been too low on the protein. I still haven't felt great but it's okay. Got to get the bone broth going but was too busy to defrost it

well it isn't necessary to always do exercise either. I sometimes get tired and just want to lay around and then I just do that. No reason to worry about it, IMHO.

I think this is really important. Sometimes you just have to recharge.
    Yeah, I just try to have a rule to be active and do something every day. Maybe I need to just give myself some time to adjust a relax a little. I think the ketostix are finally positive now. Sheesh, took long enough, lmao!!!

I feel okay today. Not the greatest. Okay.

I had three eggs with a lot of butter and some normal tea, then some butter tea. and some bacon, and it held me all day. In fact it's almost dinner time and I haven't eaten or snacked.

I'm thinking the additional protein was a good idea for me. That's what I needed. I may have been too low on the protein. I still haven't felt great but it's okay. Got to get the bone broth going but was too busy to defrost it
    Thinking my protein may have been too low as well. Per the advice of my therapist, I'm no longer tracking calories in or out, so I'm just eating what I feel like eating as long as it's within the realms of ketogenic diet. Thinking I will feel better this way. But I am concerned with eating too many calories. :/

PrimalCon New York
    Thinking my protein may have been too low as well. Per the advice of my therapist, I'm no longer tracking calories in or out, so I'm just eating what I feel like eating as long as it's within the realms of ketogenic diet. Thinking I will feel better this way. But I am concerned with eating too many calories. :/
    I think this is a mistake. Calories in can be ANYTHING and you will remain ketogenic and lose fat. The key is what you eat and you are eating the right things. Do NOT worry you can have ANY quantity of calories. The body burns excess calories as heat energy very efficiently when you are in ketosis. That is what I've been studying about, the biochemistry. Jack Kruse has a lot of great material on this although it's tough going. But the point is, when you are in ketogenic mode, you are 4 or 5 times more efficient at using energy, specifically fat, and burning off excess and not storing it. It's what the "must have calorie deficit to lose weight" people don't get right.

Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast