Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 32

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    how can you really tell though. You might be in ketosis right now. Probably are...
    Ketostix are negative.

richard is offline Senior Member
    it may be that you are in ketosis but creating the more "advanced" metabolites that don't show up on them stix. Also the body isn't spilling ketones into the urine anymore which is a good sign of ketosis that has really taken hold...

it may be that you are in ketosis but creating the more "advanced" metabolites that don't show up on them stix. Also the body isn't spilling ketones into the urine anymore which is a good sign of ketosis that has really taken hold...
    I suppose that is possible, although I would find that to be a little odd. I was testing positive before the binge I had, so why wouldn't I test positive now? I guess I'll wait a few more days and if they are still negative, I'll just stop worrying about it. I suppose I'll stop worrying about it anyway, lol!!!

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I suppose that is possible, although I would find that to be a little odd. I was testing positive before the binge I had, so why wouldn't I test positive now? I guess I'll wait a few more days and if they are still negative, I'll just stop worrying about it. I suppose I'll stop worrying about it anyway, lol!!!
    I think I read that even after your binge you've dropped some weight, which probably translates into you losing inches as well. Isn't that the goal? i think ketosis is merely a means to reach that goal and get healthy. Like you said, don't worry about it so much. This is a roller coaster ride. I just put on 1.5 lbs since yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    I think I read that even after your binge you've dropped some weight, which probably translates into you losing inches as well. Isn't that the goal? i think ketosis is merely a means to reach that goal and get healthy. Like you said, don't worry about it so much. This is a roller coaster ride. I just put on 1.5 lbs since yesterday.
    Yeah, I'm over it now. Just like seeing the pink sticks. makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, lol!!! Sorry about your weight gain. If it was overnight, don't you think it was just water weight? I mean there's no way you gained that amount of fat in just one day.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Well it's better not to. They are too heavy in omega 6, this is the only reason. Except walnuts and macadamia nuts. I suppose I can eat more walnuts but I don't like them as much as I like almonds and pistachios.
    I'm on the same boat. I prefer almonds and pistachios over other nuts. I had to give them up as I snack on them habitually. Now, I only eat two brazil nuts a day for it's selenium contents.

last night I had some more butter tea after dinner and felt nauseated and weird for several hours. Not a good idea. I think I will up my protein levels today.

I have some crampy weirdness going on where if I stretch the wrong way I start to cramp. I will defrost some bone broth and drink that.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Marissa, It takes me 4-7 days to get back into ketosis after a binge.

ate 3 buttery eggs and some bacon, maybe 28g of protein, feel really, really good!

How are you feeling Marissa?

Pebbles67 are you doing low carb low protein yourself? Are you pursuing ketogenic nutrition?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm not sure how to take your question, Richard so forgive me if I read it wrong.

I am the OP of the "Eat More Fat" thread. So, Yes I am, and I have 5 months experience with keto.

But if I am not welcome to post here, just let me know.

Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast