Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 30

richard is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Thought I got a positive test for ketosis yesterday, this mornings test says otherwise. Oh well.

Just had coffee with cream and a bit of coconut oil this morning. Waiting to eat until lunch time.
    remember the ketostix don't show ketosis indicators very accurately in many cases esp. after you've been in ketosis awhile...I don't know how you know you are in ketosis or not...

I'm having some more butter tea. Ate some almonds, realized I was in danger of eating too many. Had a few tablespoons of coconut oil straight (yum) and now I'm gonna have a bit of tuna fish.

Nuts are a bit of an issue for me. High in omega 6s and I really will have to cut down. I think I eat too many of them.

Very high allergy issues today. Pollen is pouring off the trees and thick in the air. I'm having nasal allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I thought you were referring to Eat More Fat, which would have been a big change.
    don't know how I could possibly eat more fat than I'm eating as a percentage of total calories

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Well I can't wait for things to get better and easier. I had a full blown binge last night, that kinda continued this morning although it's over now, I am done. Glad the binge feeling is gone and I can get back to ketogenic diet, although this time with zero fruit to keep from triggering myself again.
    At least you know and figured it out Marissa what caused the binge. Try not to worry about it as it happened and nothing you can do about it now. I understand because I was a smoker for 20 years and quite and came back to it over 50 times during that stretch. I beat myself up over it so many times, but got me know where. It takes time. I see that you're back to your WOE and that is spectacular in and of itself. I look at it this way, how many days have you been in ketosis vs how many days have you binged since you started. I bet 95% of the time you've been in ketosis, which is the majority of the time. Give yourself credit for what you've accomplished so far.

for most people getting into a new habit is a series of falling off the horse and getting back on episodes...this is progress!

I always put it like a stock chart. If you buy a stock you hope it goes up but it goes down, then up, then down...over time it's up more than it's down and that's how you make money.

Nothing that we ever accomplish is done in a straight line.

I feel tired and run down today. I think it's due to allergies. Oh well. On the whole I have had some remarkable good days and still expect to have difficult days on this path. I can deal though as I know where I'm going.

dob
    Richard and everyone else here, I thought I'd share this with everyone here as I keep hearing about everyone making bone broth and slurping it up. I finally went to the local farmer's market and picked up some, 4 lbs of grass fed neck bone. The vendor ran out of knuckle bone, which probably has more cartilage for the collagen, but I don't care at this point any fresh broth is delicious. To top it off, I also picked up bones with marrow. I'll be roasting those up this week and using the bones for another batch of broth. MMMM-mmmmm-mmmmm.

Have a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Richard and everyone else here, I thought I'd share this with everyone here as I keep hearing about everyone making bone broth and slurping it up. I finally went to the local farmer's market and picked up some, 4 lbs of grass fed neck bone. The vendor ran out of knuckle bone, which probably has more cartilage for the collagen, but I don't care at this point any fresh broth is delicious. To top it off, I also picked up bones with marrow. I'll be roasting those up this week and using the bones for another batch of broth. MMMM-mmmmm-mmmmm.

Have a great weekend.
    yea!

any bones are fine for collagen.

Are you using a slow cooker, or a pressure cooker or, ?

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you are not feeling well Richard, that stinks. Darn allergies. I hope you feel better soon.

So I tested again, now the ketostix are turning grey????? WTH?

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    yea!

any bones are fine for collagen.

Are you using a slow cooker, or a pressure cooker or, ?
    I wish I had a pressure cooker or a slow cooker, but I'm going old school. Big pot with water on low heat. Jealous of your pressure cooker.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    for most people getting into a new habit is a series of falling off the horse and getting back on episodes...this is progress!

I always put it like a stock chart. If you buy a stock you hope it goes up but it goes down, then up, then down...over time it's up more than it's down and that's how you make money.

Nothing that we ever accomplish is done in a straight line.

I feel tired and run down today. I think it's due to allergies. Oh well. On the whole I have had some remarkable good days and still expect to have difficult days on this path. I can deal though as I know where I'm going.
    Great analogy with the stock chart. Definitely sucks that you're not feeling well. I nice sleep will definitely help. Oh yeah, you're using earthing mat. Do you think it helps?

dob
    PrimalCon New York
    Sorry you are not feeling well Richard, that stinks. Darn allergies. I hope you feel better soon.

So I tested again, now the ketostix are turning grey????? WTH?
    I heard it could take 3-4 days to get back into ketosis, sometimes up to 2 weeks. Also, ketostix are not a great long term indicator of ketosis as your body utilizes ketones efficiently.

Here is a good explanation: Why You Need To Stop Worrying About The Color Of Your Ketostix - Ketopia

Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast