Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 28

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    my energy's been very good. I was more tired yesterday which I think is from Yoga and the 90 minutes in a very hot room.

But overall I feel very good and don't feel so many highs and lows lately.

It's been 6 hours since I ate and I don't feel hungry. I do feel the habitual desire to snack on something but haven't yet. I think I'll have some bone broth with fat when I do eat, or else I'll wait until dinner.
    I'm having a hard time today. I'm really craving, like, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, lol!!! Craving anything other that what I've already had to eat today. I'm not even hungry, and I ate a ton for lunch (well, a ton for me anyway). I've already had almost 1000 calories today and I haven't even had dinner. I'm SUUUUUPER snacky feeling and I don't want to slip and eat something that will knock me out of ketosis. Help!!

richard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I'm having a hard time today. I'm really craving, like, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, lol!!! Craving anything other that what I've already had to eat today. I'm not even hungry, and I ate a ton for lunch (well, a ton for me anyway). I've already had almost 1000 calories today and I haven't even had dinner. I'm SUUUUUPER snacky feeling and I don't want to slip and eat something that will knock me out of ketosis. Help!!
    eat more fat, more salt...

eat more fat, more salt...
    Had a spoon of coconut oil and some berries with a lot of heavy cream. Lord help me, I hope that does the trick, lmao!!!

the berries may set off cravings...

I ate about 20 pistaschio nuts about an hour ago. I will be set until dinner. Amazing.

the berries may set off cravings...
    Yeah, I know......I know I shouldn't have eaten them. Oh well.

I ate about 20 pistaschio nuts about an hour ago. I will be set until dinner. Amazing.
    That's really awesome!!! It inspires me to see you doing so well!

cooked pork belly for dinner but I overcooked it and it came out a bit dry. Very tasty though. I had brined it and finished it with a bit of fish sauce and a tablespoon of raw honey (bad me, I know) and it was tasty, just like bacon really. I ate a bit of it, maybe 15g of protein, maybe less. And a bit of kale salad. I wasn't hungry after that.

So I feel myself getting less hungry and less wanting to eat all the time which is really nice.

I read today on jackkruse.com that it can take 6 to 12 months for ketogenic diets to really kick in fully...

Had a HUGE breakthrough today.

Went to Yoga and today it was really amazing. I didn't feel really muscle-depleted. I was able to do the triangle pose and hold it -- one of the hardest poses for me and most cardio intensive. To my amazement I didn't run out of juice. It was astonishing to me how well my energy held and the limits I've been feeling fell away. In fact I could observe how I now have this fuel source that isn't running out the way it used to. For today at this time I notice that I have a more long lasting energy source than ever before.

I went home, had a cold shower and ate some bacon and pork belly and butter tea.

I have been reading Jack Kruse a lot and he insisted in one of this explanations that we can function very well at athletic pursuits without carb consumption, and now I see myself doing this (not that I'm much of an athlete because I'm not) and it is really, really cool.

Had a HUGE breakthrough today.

Went to Yoga and today it was really amazing. I didn't feel really muscle-depleted. I was able to do the triangle pose and hold it -- one of the hardest poses for me and most cardio intensive. To my amazement I didn't run out of juice. It was astonishing to me how well my energy held and the limits I've been feeling fell away. In fact I could observe how I now have this fuel source that isn't running out the way it used to. For today at this time I notice that I have a more long lasting energy source than ever before.

I went home, had a cold shower and ate some bacon and pork belly and butter tea.

I have been reading Jack Kruse a lot and he insisted in one of this explanations that we can function very well at athletic pursuits without carb consumption, and now I see myself doing this (not that I'm much of an athlete because I'm not) and it is really, really cool.
    You are just.....AWESOME!!! So happy for you that you are having such a wonderful experience with this. I will get there too!!!

Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast