Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 26

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    that's okay. If you can consume just fat though (not sure cream doesn't qualify, maybe it does) you can consume calories without triggering insulin and leptin response...that's the magic of doing a fast with fat only...
    Groovy!! Well I have fasted then all the way until now, it's almost 12:00pm and I'm feeling pretty good, even with having worked out for over an hour today. Guess I should eat something soon....

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    You're funny marissa.
    I try.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Great stuff Richard. You're in the zone. Butter and eggs are magical....not sure if you're a fan of green onions, but eggs, butter and green onions are an amazing combo, and don't forget the salt. I recall you like korean food and eggs like this are sometimes on the dinner table as a side dishes. I had it growing up. It really is tasty.
    This sounds really amazing!! I need to get some pasture butter asap. I've been using only coconut oil and I'm growing tired of it.

richard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    This sounds really amazing!! I need to get some pasture butter asap. I've been using only coconut oil and I'm growing tired of it.
    thanks! Yes, grass fed butter is amazing. I am using a Natural By Nature brand, and two brands of Icelandic butter which is what I can get here in US east.

I ate some bone broth with extra butter, and a small piece of grassfed beef, then had an avocado in home made palm oil mayo. I'm pretty full right now, lol.

The type of full that I feel these days though is not a "not hungry period the end", but a "not hungry but I could eat something if it was fun to eat" type of full. So I have to get used to having that "could eat" and not eating.

I think this is an important point for me.

Iwami is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I've been following this thread for a while and following primal for some months now. I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread with a question. . I started lowering my carbs, upping fats and keeping protein in check to go into ketosis. I have found a whole lot of rumbling happening after fat heavy meals. Is this common? Everything else seems good . Thanks in advance

thanks! Yes, grass fed butter is amazing. I am using a Natural By Nature brand, and two brands of Icelandic butter which is what I can get here in US east.

I ate some bone broth with extra butter, and a small piece of grassfed beef, then had an avocado in home made palm oil mayo. I'm pretty full right now, lol.

The type of full that I feel these days though is not a "not hungry period the end", but a "not hungry but I could eat something if it was fun to eat" type of full. So I have to get used to having that "could eat" and not eating.

I think this is an important point for me.
    I am the same way. Full to me now isn't the same as what full used to mean to me, especially back when eating SAD. I used to think of full as being stuffed to the gills, stomach distended, can't take another bite. Now it's more like, I feel full because I'm not hungry anymore, but I could nibble and eat things if I was in the mood to snack because I'm not really full, just not hungry.

It's hard to get used to that sometimes. Especially when I get in a snacky mood, I have to keep reminding myself that it's not real hunger, I'm just bored or nervous, or whatever the case may be. Gotta say though, I do love the feeling of not being hungry and also not having that distended, full feeling. I hate that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwami View Post
    Hi, I've been following this thread for a while and following primal for some months now. I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread with a question. . I started lowering my carbs, upping fats and keeping protein in check to go into ketosis. I have found a whole lot of rumbling happening after fat heavy meals. Is this common? Everything else seems good . Thanks in advance
    Some rumbles are normal. Your stomach has to get used to the increase in fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I am the same way. Full to me now isn't the same as what full used to mean to me, especially back when eating SAD. I used to think of full as being stuffed to the gills, stomach distended, can't take another bite. Now it's more like, I feel full because I'm not hungry anymore, but I could nibble and eat things if I was in the mood to snack because I'm not really full, just not hungry.

It's hard to get used to that sometimes. Especially when I get in a snacky mood, I have to keep reminding myself that it's not real hunger, I'm just bored or nervous, or whatever the case may be. Gotta say though, I do love the feeling of not being hungry and also not having that distended, full feeling. I hate that feeling.
    I have a theory that this full feeling triggers some kind of hormonal cascade that is similar to opiods. It provides a strong reward to some part of the brain. Without that, I think we have to get used to it. May require a period of withdrawal with some symptoms...

I have a theory that this full feeling triggers some kind of hormonal cascade that is similar to opiods. It provides a strong reward to some part of the brain. Without that, I think we have to get used to it. May require a period of withdrawal with some symptoms...
    Oh totally! It used to be an extremely good feeling to have a full belly and lay around, lmao!!! No doubt that there is something really comforting about being truly full. But I think it's like breaking any other habit. The more you practice a better behavior, the more the old habit fades away. Doesn't mean though that I don't have days where I eat more than I probably should, lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwami View Post
    it does take some time for the system to get better at digesting larger amounts of fat. The gall bladder and liver are involved in fat metabolism and have to gear up. And the lymphatic system and the intestinal villi are major players and it stands to reason that they need some time to rev up.

It should be done gradually. Now I can eat pretty fat heavy meals without much of a problem. But about 3 weeks ago was a different story.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    it does take some time for the system to get better at digesting larger amounts of fat. The gall bladder and liver are involved in fat metabolism and have to gear up. And the lymphatic system and the intestinal villi are major players and it stands to reason that they need some time to rev up.

It should be done gradually. Now I can eat pretty fat heavy meals without much of a problem. But about 3 weeks ago was a different story.
    Did you get gurgles when you first started...kind like that sound your stomach makes when you're hungry, but more bubbly sounding?

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast