Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 25

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    any time you're consuming calories, you're ending your fast. an all-fat meal may prevent insulin spikes, but it doesn't mean you're still fasting.

the same goes for bulletproof coffee. yes, I've found that it keeps hunger at bay so I eat less through the entire day, but I'm well aware that my fast has ended.
    Agree. PrimalStudent...are you in ketosis or using this WOE? Just curious.

richard is offline Senior Member
    had about 25g of fish protein tonight. And some zucchini with a bit of onion and garlic. Still in ketosis probably, but a few carbs there. I "breaded" the fish in a very light coating of coconut flour, almost none but it did make a nice appearance and crunch when pan fried in ghee. Ate it with homemade palm mayo with capers and pickle in it (homemade tartar sauce using palm oil mayo).

Felt good today. Still a bit wonky, hard to describe. But sharp and I worked through the day without taking a break and standing almost all day. So that's pretty good.

Tomorrow very early is Yoga and I'll hopefully feel better this time than last time.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Love dairy and do it on occasion and tolerable in small amounts. Eliminated it for the most part and I think it helped my stall.
    yeah me too. I had a few drops of cream in my coffee Sunday but that's it. No raw milk cheese as before, no cream. i do use ghee and grassfed butter though.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I seriously need to drop dairy again. I picked it up for about a week. Now everything aches and my face is broken out.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Hate to brag, but my jeans are slipping off and I had to use an old belt that didn't fit me for many years. I think I am still in a significant autophagy mode. Ketosis for sure, and my muscles do not have a lot of glycogen in them and there is still an adaptation process going on with my muscles. I feel a bit of a burn when I go up the stairs quickly for instance, and in the tougher standing poses.

But actually, I feel really good today.

Had a decent experience in Yoga this morning. Went home and ate a tiny amount of fish leftover and then two eggs scrambled with 2 tablespoons of butter, which is my favorite way to have eggs now. I heat the butter in the sautee pan, add the eggs, and then scramble them in the melted butter until they are set and they are filled with buttery goodness, and that is breakfast. Together with some butter tea with MCT oil in it.

So now I'm pretty full.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    any time you're consuming calories, you're ending your fast. an all-fat meal may prevent insulin spikes, but it doesn't mean you're still fasting.

the same goes for bulletproof coffee. yes, I've found that it keeps hunger at bay so I eat less through the entire day, but I'm well aware that my fast has ended.
    You should read pklopp's comment on this. It is not an on / off switch metabolically speaking. If by fast breaking you mean to ingest something, then yes, you break the fast even by drinking water. If you mean that your metabolic state is fundamentally changed from the fasting state by adding a tsp of heavy cream in your coffee, then no, especially because we are dealing with fat, which your body runs on when fasting. Yes, you bring a wee bit of exogenous fat, but that's not compromising the metabolic state you are after when fasting.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    You should read pklopp's comment on this. It is not an on / off switch metabolically speaking. If by fast breaking you mean to ingest something, then yes, you break the fast even by drinking water. If you mean that your metabolic state is fundamentally changed from the fasting state by adding a tsp of heavy cream in your coffee, then no, especially because we are dealing with fat, which your body runs on when fasting. Yes, you bring a wee bit of exogenous fat, but that's not compromising the metabolic state you are after when fasting.
    This makes sense too. Although it's more like 4 tbsp. of heavy cream total in my two coffees for the morning, lmao!!! So yeah, it probably ends the fast just because of the quantity of cream, 2 tbsp. in each cup.

that's okay. If you can consume just fat though (not sure cream doesn't qualify, maybe it does) you can consume calories without triggering insulin and leptin response...that's the magic of doing a fast with fat only...

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    This makes sense too. Although it's more like 4 tbsp. of heavy cream total in my two coffees for the morning, lmao!!! So yeah, it probably ends the fast just because of the quantity of cream, 2 tbsp. in each cup.
    You're funny marissa.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    Hate to brag, but my jeans are slipping off and I had to use an old belt that didn't fit me for many years. I think I am still in a significant autophagy mode. Ketosis for sure, and my muscles do not have a lot of glycogen in them and there is still an adaptation process going on with my muscles. I feel a bit of a burn when I go up the stairs quickly for instance, and in the tougher standing poses.

But actually, I feel really good today.

Had a decent experience in Yoga this morning. Went home and ate a tiny amount of fish leftover and then two eggs scrambled with 2 tablespoons of butter, which is my favorite way to have eggs now. I heat the butter in the sautee pan, add the eggs, and then scramble them in the melted butter until they are set and they are filled with buttery goodness, and that is breakfast. Together with some butter tea with MCT oil in it.

So now I'm pretty full.
    Great stuff Richard. You're in the zone. Butter and eggs are magical....not sure if you're a fan of green onions, but eggs, butter and green onions are an amazing combo, and don't forget the salt. I recall you like korean food and eggs like this are sometimes on the dinner table as a side dishes. I had it growing up. It really is tasty.

Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast