Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 687

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 24

  1. #231
    PrimalStudent's Avatar
    PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    266
    Primal Fuel
    You might've already answered this somewhere in this thread, but are you guys doing dairy? It seems like things like heavy cream would be perfect for high fat/low carb/low-ish protein.

  2. #232
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    You might've already answered this somewhere in this thread, but are you guys doing dairy? It seems like things like heavy cream would be perfect for high fat/low carb/low-ish protein.
    i personally avoid cream as I think casein is problematic and cream does have significant protein...

  3. #233
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    You might've already answered this somewhere in this thread, but are you guys doing dairy? It seems like things like heavy cream would be perfect for high fat/low carb/low-ish protein.
    I use heavy cream in my coffee and over berries. Yumm!

  4. #234
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    i personally avoid cream as I think casein is problematic and cream does have significant protein...
    The cream I have has no protein.

  5. #235
    richard's Avatar
    richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    394
    cool! I use coconut milk sometimes but at this point I won't because it has carbs in it. I am cooking with some onion and garlic and that is all the carbs I'm planning on at the moment, plus what is in nuts and things. Probably under 20g and maybe under 15g.

  6. #236
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    cool! I use coconut milk sometimes but at this point I won't because it has carbs in it. I am cooking with some onion and garlic and that is all the carbs I'm planning on at the moment, plus what is in nuts and things. Probably under 20g and maybe under 15g.
    I have no idea what my carbs are today. I know they are pretty low. Do you count total or net carbs?

  7. #237
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    I have another question. Does it count as an IF if you have cream in your coffee in the morning but nothing else?

  8. #238
    PrimalStudent's Avatar
    PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I have another question. Does it count as an IF if you have cream in your coffee in the morning but nothing else?
    any time you're consuming calories, you're ending your fast. an all-fat meal may prevent insulin spikes, but it doesn't mean you're still fasting.

    the same goes for bulletproof coffee. yes, I've found that it keeps hunger at bay so I eat less through the entire day, but I'm well aware that my fast has ended.

  9. #239
    dob's Avatar
    dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    You might've already answered this somewhere in this thread, but are you guys doing dairy? It seems like things like heavy cream would be perfect for high fat/low carb/low-ish protein.
    Love dairy and do it on occasion and tolerable in small amounts. Eliminated it for the most part and I think it helped my stall.

  10. #240
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    any time you're consuming calories, you're ending your fast. an all-fat meal may prevent insulin spikes, but it doesn't mean you're still fasting.

    the same goes for bulletproof coffee. yes, I've found that it keeps hunger at bay so I eat less through the entire day, but I'm well aware that my fast has ended.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •