Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 24

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You might've already answered this somewhere in this thread, but are you guys doing dairy? It seems like things like heavy cream would be perfect for high fat/low carb/low-ish protein.

richard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    You might've already answered this somewhere in this thread, but are you guys doing dairy? It seems like things like heavy cream would be perfect for high fat/low carb/low-ish protein.
    i personally avoid cream as I think casein is problematic and cream does have significant protein...

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I use heavy cream in my coffee and over berries. Yumm!

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    i personally avoid cream as I think casein is problematic and cream does have significant protein...
    The cream I have has no protein.

richard is offline Senior Member
    cool! I use coconut milk sometimes but at this point I won't because it has carbs in it. I am cooking with some onion and garlic and that is all the carbs I'm planning on at the moment, plus what is in nuts and things. Probably under 20g and maybe under 15g.

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    cool! I use coconut milk sometimes but at this point I won't because it has carbs in it. I am cooking with some onion and garlic and that is all the carbs I'm planning on at the moment, plus what is in nuts and things. Probably under 20g and maybe under 15g.
    I have no idea what my carbs are today. I know they are pretty low. Do you count total or net carbs?

I have another question. Does it count as an IF if you have cream in your coffee in the morning but nothing else?

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I have another question. Does it count as an IF if you have cream in your coffee in the morning but nothing else?
    any time you're consuming calories, you're ending your fast. an all-fat meal may prevent insulin spikes, but it doesn't mean you're still fasting.

the same goes for bulletproof coffee. yes, I've found that it keeps hunger at bay so I eat less through the entire day, but I'm well aware that my fast has ended.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Love dairy and do it on occasion and tolerable in small amounts. Eliminated it for the most part and I think it helped my stall.

any time you're consuming calories, you're ending your fast. an all-fat meal may prevent insulin spikes, but it doesn't mean you're still fasting.

the same goes for bulletproof coffee. yes, I've found that it keeps hunger at bay so I eat less through the entire day, but I'm well aware that my fast has ended.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast