Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 23

dob
    dob is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I've been feeling emotional and upset today, likely from the sugar from the berries I had yesterday. Or maybe I'm just having an off day. It's been overcast here all day, boo.
    I'm sorry to hear you're feeling blah. You don't know how many times I look in the fridge and I want to eat a strawberry. I totally mis fruit. Don't beat yourself up about it though. I did something similar when I went on a short vacation. I ate out and didn't know what was in everything. I ended up getting a flu and realized I have to be strict about my eating from that point on. But look at those strawberries and think one day you will be mine.

dob
    I had an observation today and was wondering if anyone has experienced this. When my ketones were flowing through my body and I was getting high readings, I could taste metal in my mouth and my urine smelled. But since I changed my macro ratios from 80/15/5 to 78/19/4, the metal taste and smelly urine are gone. Is this because my body is efficiently utilizing the ketones?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    I had an observation today and was wondering if anyone has experienced this. When my ketones were flowing through my body and I was getting high readings, I could taste metal in my mouth and my urine smelled. But since I changed my macro ratios from 80/15/5 to 78/19/4, the metal taste and smelly urine are gone. Is this because my body is efficiently utilizing the ketones?
    Yes, the metallic taste/scent are transitional.

richard is offline Senior Member
    I found this article kind of interesting as it relates to the thyroid and low carb high fat diets. http://drcate.com/going-low-carb-too...one-imbalance/
    good find, thanks...I haven't experienced those like I remember some people on Atkins support forums did with the hair falling out etc., and I was pretty low carb before so this isn't as abrupt for me as all that...

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Good morning all! How is everyone doing today? I'm feeling pretty good this morning!

I found this article kind of interesting as it relates to the thyroid and low carb high fat diets. http://drcate.com/going-low-carb-too...one-imbalance/
    This was really interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm not sure if it's low thyroid symptoms I was having. I wasn't cold at all. Actually I've been running pretty hot lately, just had to open the windows to get some cool air. I will keep my eye on it though, to see if I develop any other symptoms.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Good morning all! How is everyone doing today? I'm feeling pretty good this morning!
    Marissa, wonderful.

I'm excited. I changed my macro ratios around and my ketone levels are on the rise again with glucose being stable. So increasing my protein a tad hasn't affected ketosis. I continue my downward trend with weight loss. My energy level has stabilized instead of feeling that shot of energy when I consume my fatty meals. All in all, I'm pretty happy as I truck along.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, the metallic taste/scent are transitional.
    Good to know. thanks.

richard is offline Senior Member
    Marissa, wonderful.

I'm excited. I changed my macro ratios around and my ketone levels are on the rise again with glucose being stable. So increasing my protein a tad hasn't affected ketosis. I continue my downward trend with weight loss. My energy level has stabilized instead of feeling that shot of energy when I consume my fatty meals. All in all, I'm pretty happy as I truck along.
    I don't get a shot of energy when I consume fat. Interesting how we are each different. Blood pressure was 107/68 this morning, which is sort of typical these days. I was around 120/80 or 117/78 before...

This morning I had some butter tea, and then ate some bone broth (wow, delicious) and some nuts (almonds, and a few pistachios) and then ate for lunch a small bit of grass fed short ribs with extra grass fed butter...

Made my best batch of Well Fed Chocolate Chili to date this morning!!! Had it for lunch, so delicious!! Other than that, doing really well today, although feeling in a snacky mood right now. Not hungry, just snacky. *sigh*

Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast