Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 22

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    When I found out about how good fat was and proper nutritional habits, I discovered that I could eat fat just like that. Well, I did as a kid with butter, I could eat chunks of the stuff without anything else. But until half a year ago, I would always have some bread or high carb item to eat with the fat. Today, I can just have it as is (heavy cream, butter, coconut oil, duck fat -> I can churn it down quite OK without feeling queasy). My wife is not so keen on this though, she is the queasy type. Not sure what the difference is except that we have quite different genetic backgrounds. Maybe it explains some.

richard is offline Senior Member
    last night I made grass fed short ribs and ate them with grass fed butter chunks, delicious.

This morning after Yoga I was hungry. Mixed a bunch of melted grassfed butter with two eggs and scrambled them so the butter and eggs emulsified. Then I ate that with a whole avocado and some MCT oil as a chaser. I feel fine now and I'm probably set for awhile today.

Appearance wise, I look VERY noticeably thinner. I can start to see my ab muscles and I think I'll have a real six pack in a month or two. And I just don't have much belly. My 36" jeans and belt are falling off.

The punch line is that weight wise, I have only lost 4 pounds or so!

What a huge difference in my appearance. Just a very substantial visible loss of body fat.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    So I ate about 8 oz of blackberries last night, along with strawberries earlier in the day. Keto test strips were barely pink this morning, but that could have been because my bladder was super full and urine wasn't concentrated. I'm telling you, once I start with the sugar, it's so hard for me to stop. Thank god it was just berries and not anything worse, like a binge. Was thinking about doing an IF today. Not hungry this morning, had cream in my coffee though so I guess technically I broke the fast. Overate on calories this weekend as well, both days around 2000 instead of my usual 1600. Feeling pretty good today though!

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    last night I made grass fed short ribs and ate them with grass fed butter chunks, delicious.

This morning after Yoga I was hungry. Mixed a bunch of melted grassfed butter with two eggs and scrambled them so the butter and eggs emulsified. Then I ate that with a whole avocado and some MCT oil as a chaser. I feel fine now and I'm probably set for awhile today.

Appearance wise, I look VERY noticeably thinner. I can start to see my ab muscles and I think I'll have a real six pack in a month or two. And I just don't have much belly. My 36" jeans and belt are falling off.

The punch line is that weight wise, I have only lost 4 pounds or so!

What a huge difference in my appearance. Just a very substantial visible loss of body fat.
    Congrats on seeing such huge differences in your physical appearance!!! I too am seeing big changes happening, it's quite exciting isn't it???

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Congrats on seeing such huge differences in your physical appearance!!! I too am seeing big changes happening, it's quite exciting isn't it???
    yes, thank you. Is there a reason you are limiting your calories?

For most folks I think it is not useful. Eat as much as you want. With ketosis you will not be as hungry, provided you have a lot of calories in the form of fat.

had a bit of the return of the carb flu -- felt off, droopy, tired, yucky today. Not as bad as before. But I expected this. It comes with the territory. Nothing this profoundly different happens on a straight line.

had a bit of the return of the carb flu -- felt off, droopy, tired, yucky today. Not as bad as before. But I expected this. It comes with the territory. Nothing this profoundly different happens on a straight line.
    Awwww, so sorry to hear it Richard. I hope you bounce back soon. I'm finding this journey to be very interesting in that you take three steps forward, and then one or two back, and then forward again. I think that will stop happening though the closer we get to being fully keto adapted.

I'm limiting calories because I do believe in CICO no matter what kind of food we are eating, although I am thinking that my calories have been too low because I had two days of eating as much as I wanted, and today I'm feeling a lot better. So I think I need to up the calories a bit.

I've been feeling emotional and upset today, likely from the sugar from the berries I had yesterday. Or maybe I'm just having an off day. It's been overcast here all day, boo.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    So I ate about 8 oz of blackberries last night, along with strawberries earlier in the day. Keto test strips were barely pink this morning, but that could have been because my bladder was super full and urine wasn't concentrated. I'm telling you, once I start with the sugar, it's so hard for me to stop. Thank god it was just berries and not anything worse, like a binge. Was thinking about doing an IF today. Not hungry this morning, had cream in my coffee though so I guess technically I broke the fast. Overate on calories this weekend as well, both days around 2000 instead of my usual 1600. Feeling pretty good today though!
    I found this article kind of interesting as it relates to the thyroid and low carb high fat diets. http://drcate.com/going-low-carb-too...one-imbalance/

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That sucks. Tomorrow is a new day. Agree the path is not straight.

Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast