Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 18

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    Thanks janie...what you said about fat is what I suspect...I suppose it takes the gall bladder and the liver a chance to catch up to the high fat. I will be more careful to ramp up slowly. I overdid it with olive oil mayonaise. After a few hours I felt okay.

Now, though, wow, I feel fantastic. This is the FIRST day when I felt pretty good and now very good. Went out to dinner but didn't cheat or have too much protein and I didn't crash today either. Wow, this is GREAT.
    So glad you are feeling better!

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Ah marissa, I hope you feel better tomorrow. 8 days in and a couple downs are going to happen with your ups. On the bright side, 8 lbs and many inches lost, in only 8 days. pretty awesome.
    Why thank you, it feels pretty awesome! I think I was just having some low energy being the afternoon. I felt better later this evening and even got some exercise in.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks janie...what you said about fat is what I suspect...I suppose it takes the gall bladder and the liver a chance to catch up to the high fat. I will be more careful to ramp up slowly. I overdid it with olive oil mayonaise. After a few hours I felt okay.

Now, though, wow, I feel fantastic. This is the FIRST day when I felt pretty good and now very good. Went out to dinner but didn't cheat or have too much protein and I didn't crash today either. Wow, this is GREAT.
    So glad you are feeling better. Ramping up is a good plan.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Is the monitoring for weight loss? And since you started monitoring your protein intake, have any changes occurred? Sorry to keep asking, but I'm interested in how everyone is tweaking their eating to be at an optimal state.
    I feel like I am in new territory now and kind of feeling my way along. I see a doc with a InBody520 machine twice per year. In October I had lost only 3.5 lbs since the previous visit, but lean body mass had gone up 9.1 lbs and body fat had dropped 12.6. I'm being told I don't need to lose more weight, but I think I need to lose more fat! My "plan" was to continue eating & exercising as I had, hoping to gain more muscle and lose more fat even w/o further weight loss. I've been kind of tinkering with macros as a result. I have a followup appointment with that doc next week and am anxious to see my results. I weigh less (on my scale) but don't know if I've achieved improvement in body composition. At this point the process feels like baby steps with no changes happening very fast.
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

richard is offline Senior Member
    thank you dob, janie, Marissa! Much appreciated.

Woke up very early and went to hot Yoga and didn't run out of steam this time (hahaha, steam...hot Yoga, get it? )

Still feel like a million bucks. I don't expect this to continue without some valleys. I noticed neurochemical changes that are very positive and that are like I felt before I started this.

I'm actually pretty hungry this morning after Yoga. I'll have some butter tea and see what happens after that. No need to jump into anything radical quite yet like IFing every day at this point.

I have lost some fat. But it is inevitable with this radical change that you will lose a bit of lean mass, but from what I understand it's part of autophagy, sort of a spitting out of junk proteins that are burned for gluconeogenesis from cells. This is probably part of what makes this initial keto-adaptation uncomfortable.

I read a study where using insulin they dropped blood glucose levels down to the 30s for experimental subjects who were keto adapted, and they felt fine. Ketones rock.

Marissa, how's it going so far?

I'm very intrigued with autophagy after reading about it in Jaminet's Perfect Health Diet. Body processes that can be used to our advantage is one opportunity Grok didn't have.

I drank a cup of butter tea and ate an avocado in palm oil mayo. Feel great, not stuffed, and lots of energy. No nausea. I may see how long it goes before I'm really hungry again, it might not be for hours.

Good stuff.

Marissa, how's it going so far?
    So far this morning, still feeling a bit of low energy. Haven't eaten yet though. Hoping I can get enough energy to work out today.

Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I'm very intrigued with autophagy after reading about it in Jaminet's Perfect Health Diet. Body processes that can be used to our advantage is one opportunity Grok didn't have.
    I need to read up on this autophagy thing. I know nothing about it but now I really want to know!!

I drank a cup of butter tea and ate an avocado in palm oil mayo. Feel great, not stuffed, and lots of energy. No nausea. I may see how long it goes before I'm really hungry again, it might not be for hours.

Good stuff.
    Sounds like a tasty breakfast, and so glad you made it through yoga and are feeling great today, that is so wonderful!!! You give me hope that I too will be feeling better soon!

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I feel like I am in new territory now and kind of feeling my way along. I see a doc with a InBody520 machine twice per year. In October I had lost only 3.5 lbs since the previous visit, but lean body mass had gone up 9.1 lbs and body fat had dropped 12.6. I'm being told I don't need to lose more weight, but I think I need to lose more fat! My "plan" was to continue eating & exercising as I had, hoping to gain more muscle and lose more fat even w/o further weight loss. I've been kind of tinkering with macros as a result. I have a followup appointment with that doc next week and am anxious to see my results. I weigh less (on my scale) but don't know if I've achieved improvement in body composition. At this point the process feels like baby steps with no changes happening very fast.
    Holy schmoly, What are you doing to increase your lean body mass that much? That's amazing. Tell me your secret recipe.

I lost 1.3 lbs of fat and .23 lbs of lean body mass. Overall, I'm happy with my progress, but maintaining lean body mass is key for me. For this week, i'm going to change my macros by eating more protein and see how my body reacts.

Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast