Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 17

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I've been keto-adapted for over four years. Ketosis is how I lost those 75 pounds and how I've maintained the loss. But when I started working out at the gym, I was told by many that I needed to eat more protein. I found my body simply didn't want the higher amount I was aiming for and now with more reading, I'm testing out the amount I mentioned ..so far, so good.
    This is really awesome and so good to hear!!! Congrats on your weight loss!

richard is offline Senior Member
    feeling a bit of nausea, hope this passes. Must have been too much olive oil mayo or something...

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Richard, how do you feel now? Any of the previous symptoms subsiding?

I wish i could eat just once a day. Maybe it's habit, but I need two meals. I don't think I could possibly eat all of the calories I need in one sitting. If I don't eat I get cranky and can get a headache.

Janie, I hope I'm in tune with my bodies need as you are. BTW, loved the path you took to get here. Read your post on the ather thread. I also had a similar path, atkins, primal, and now NK, but I think I use a combination of all three. IMO, I think all three have great benefits, and if combined correctly, would provide the best results. Do you continue to track what you eat?

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Feeling kinda low and poopy today. Blah.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Marissa! I hope your blahs go away soon.

Dob - I track periodically now but have gone back the last few days in order to closely monitor the protein.

Richard - in the beginning I would sometimes get nauseous until I adapted to eating higher fat. Hopefully yours will disappear soon.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I've been keto-adapted for over four years. Ketosis is how I lost those 75 pounds and how I've maintained the loss. But when I started working out at the gym, I was told by many that I needed to eat more protein. I found my body simply didn't want the higher amount I was aiming for and now with more reading, I'm testing out the amount I mentioned ..so far, so good.
    While you do need to eat more protein to put on muscle, how much extra you would need to consume would depend on how your body responds to the exercise you are doing, which is something over which you have no control. Some people gain muscle quickly in response to the same exercise that would not affect another at all. So you may need very little extra protein.

richard is offline Senior Member
    Thanks janie...what you said about fat is what I suspect...I suppose it takes the gall bladder and the liver a chance to catch up to the high fat. I will be more careful to ramp up slowly. I overdid it with olive oil mayonaise. After a few hours I felt okay.

Now, though, wow, I feel fantastic. This is the FIRST day when I felt pretty good and now very good. Went out to dinner but didn't cheat or have too much protein and I didn't crash today either. Wow, this is GREAT.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    Now, though, wow, I feel fantastic. This is the FIRST day when I felt pretty good and now very good. Went out to dinner but didn't cheat or have too much protein and I didn't crash today either. Wow, this is GREAT.
    Fantastic. So, happy for you. There maybe some bumps in the road, but for the most part it's smooth sailing.

dob
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Feeling kinda low and poopy today. Blah.
    Ah marissa, I hope you feel better tomorrow. 8 days in and a couple downs are going to happen with your ups. On the bright side, 8 lbs and many inches lost, in only 8 days. pretty awesome.

dob
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dob - I track periodically now but have gone back the last few days in order to closely monitor the protein.
    Is the monitoring for weight loss? And since you started monitoring your protein intake, have any changes occurred? Sorry to keep asking, but I'm interested in how everyone is tweaking their eating to be at an optimal state.

Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast