Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 15

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Marissa don't worry about the scale. Use a string, run it around your waist and cut it. . Every once in a while take that string and wrap it around your waste to see if you've made progress or keep cutting a new string every week and compare against the previous week. You could also measure the difference if you want to know in inches how much you've lost.
    Yeah, I took my measurements awhile ago, but wanted to wait maybe another week before I take them again because I really want to see a good change. I will probably weigh on Thursday at my doc's office. I know it's not the main thing to go by, and it's not even the main reason I am doing this. But I'm noticing changes and wondering if the scale has gone down or not.

richard is offline Senior Member
    pounds don't matter so much but the inches/mms sure come off with this type of eating.

Had a small piece of fish and some collard greens. Drenched with home made tartar sauce (olive oil home made mayo, diced pickles, no added sugar).

Kinda have a bit of stomach upset now.

Slept and loafed around a few hours in the afternoon, maybe 2.5 hours, just couldn't function much. Had to sit, sleep, doze...

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    pounds don't matter so much but the inches/mms sure come off with this type of eating.

Had a small piece of fish and some collard greens. Drenched with home made tartar sauce (olive oil home made mayo, diced pickles, no added sugar).

Slept and loafed around a few hours in the afternoon, maybe 2.5 hours, just couldn't function much. Had to sit, sleep, doze...
    That's what I'm hoping for, to see those inches just melt right off. Sorry you're not feeling well, that's a bummer.

more sneezing allergies tonight...a bit worse this evening...

went to Yoga this morning, had difficulty doing Triangle pose, just lacked the energy and was afraid of slipping...

But hey, I did get up and go at 6 in the morning, and I felt pretty good actually, at least mentally, although still a bit depressed and my body feels flu-ish

Ate 3 eggs just now, and butter tea with MCT oil. About 20g protein apparently.

Richard, it almost sounds like you might be coming down with something.....a cold perhaps? That could explain the complete lack of energy, flu feelings, sneezing, allergy like symptoms, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Richard, it almost sounds like you might be coming down with something.....a cold perhaps? That could explain the complete lack of energy, flu feelings, sneezing, allergy like symptoms, etc.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not. It's not like that. I think maybe my protein levels are a little low. That's why I ate 3 eggs this morning. I'll make sure to get maybe 70g of protein or 80g in the day. I think what my body is going through is really ketone adaptation and a bit of autophagy, which are normal and good things when you go on this type of eating pattern.

The body extracts garbage proteins from cells and burns it for energy and also it is massively building more enzymes to burn ketones. The liver is mobilizing to produce ketones and convert ketones. It's a tremendous metabolic shift and of course it's gonna be a bummer for a bit.

I have always had allergies this time of year, and they are much better than ever in the past, but I don't want any allergies, so I'm noting them here to see patterns.

Yoga in a hot room is very helpful too, as is resistance exercises to mobilize ketone adaptation quicker. I expect to be out of this in a week but it ain't easy.

One thing I can say is I have a lot of mental clarity, easier recall, good analytic abilities, despite feeling this way. It's a pretty cool glimpse at a sharpness that I am hoping I can enjoy for a long time. The old belief that the brain can only burn glucose is nonsense. The brain loves ketones by and large, but getting that ketone metabolism fired up -- well it's a pretty profound shift, no?

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post

I use to get those afternoon dozing spells. I would rest for 15 minutes and force myself out of it, but it all went away. My energy levels are pretty constant, except for the times I force myself not to eat.

Agree..body comp is much more important. Not sure if you read peter attia's blog and experience with this WOE. He said he felt like crap for 2 weeks and was about to give up, but because he was committed to doing this for 90 days he stuck it out. He stuck with it, snapped out of his funk, and has been in ketosis for a couple years. If you want to read a science oriented site, check out his blog. It's very technical.

I swear the grass is greener...I can't wait until you experience it.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Hey everyone, there is gentlemen on the thread I'm using as my journal and he is experience what seems to be heartburn. This is what he posted and the link to the thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83999-4.html:
    guys i finally entered ketosis yest i was at a pink color today im at light purple, recently i started my preseason(i think thats wat they call it in English ) so im doing alot of endurance work. while im working out i feel a burning feeling in between my stomach and lungs and also in the lower part of stomach u could say my abdomen burns< have any of u experienced this,? is it due to ketosis or is it bec of the endurance work , or a combination?( my running endurance is pretty bad, bad vo2 max)

Can someone provide some guidance for him? I haven't experienced these symptoms.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Hey everyone, there is gentlemen on the thread I'm using as my journal and he is experience what seems to be heartburn. This is what he posted and the link to the thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83999-4.html:
    guys i finally entered ketosis yest i was at a pink color today im at light purple, recently i started my preseason(i think thats wat they call it in English ) so im doing alot of endurance work. while im working out i feel a burning feeling in between my stomach and lungs and also in the lower part of stomach u could say my abdomen burns< have any of u experienced this,? is it due to ketosis or is it bec of the endurance work , or a combination?( my running endurance is pretty bad, bad vo2 max)

Can someone provide some guidance for him? I haven't experienced these symptoms.
    "Egyption grok" is supposedly a teenaged girl pole vaulter from Egypt who is always trying anorexic diets, and though living in a country where lamb is very common, has supposedly never had the opportunity to taste it. All sorts of bizarre things happen with her.

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast