Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 13

richard is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    the pork rinds aren't fried in veggie oil, at least they don't say they are in the ingredients.

I do use broth, maybe a cup or two a day. It feels great after I eat it. I think there is a lot going on in our bodies at this point. Autophagy for one thing -- the exit of bad proteins from cells where they can be digested. Lots going on.

wasn't hungry at all this morning. But had a bowl of broth and some butter tea. Still feel down and depressed but I'm functioning well.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    the pork rinds aren't fried in veggie oil, at least they don't say they are in the ingredients.
    Usually they are not since the pork itself has enough fat. Even cheap oils cost money, so in this case mass production would save a buck by not adding anything if they don't have to.

got a headache and a weird backache. Ah well, soldier on

It also feels like Seattle here. No offense meant if you live there, but the weather: cool, dreary, gray, drizzly, and it's the third day of this.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member

I do use broth, maybe a cup or two a day. It feels great after I eat it. I think there is a lot going on in our bodies at this point. Autophagy for one thing -- the exit of bad proteins from cells where they can be digested. Lots going on.
    My mistake. I haven't eaten pork grinds since I was a kid and was thinking that pork grinds may go through some sort of process to make them crispy. But as Neck pointed out, pork skin would have plenty of fat for frying...Duh, like bacon. Now that I'm thinking about it, I watched Travel TV show (I think it was no reservations) where the native alaskan's would cook seal fat, which came out looking like pork grinds. Sorry about that.

Neck, you're absolutely right.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    got a headache and a weird backache. Ah well, soldier on

It also feels like Seattle here. No offense meant if you live there, but the weather: cool, dreary, gray, drizzly, and it's the third day of this.
    Are you consuming caffeine? Are you cutting back on it? A headache with a lower backache is associated with caffeine withdrawal symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    My mistake. I haven't eaten pork grinds since I was a kid and was thinking that pork grinds may go through some sort of process to make them crispy. But as Neck pointed out, pork skin would have plenty of fat for frying...Duh, like bacon. Now that I'm thinking about it, I watched Travel TV show (I think it was no reservations) where the native alaskan's would cook seal fat, which came out looking like pork grinds. Sorry about that.

Neck, you're absolutely right.
    pork rinds are pretty cool actually. They are crunchy, low carb, low protein, and can be used to soak up home made mayo or what have you.

I just ate a small amount of grass fed short ribs left over from dinner, and took one ibuprofen. Feel icky but it isn't stopping me from work.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Are you consuming caffeine? Are you cutting back on it? A headache with a lower backache is associated with caffeine withdrawal symptoms.
    great point. I'm consuming tea, about the same amount as usual. Pretty low in caffeine. I do think that I feel a lot better when I have some coffee though but that's seldom.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    pork rinds are pretty cool actually. They are crunchy, low carb, low protein, and can be used to soak up home made mayo or what have you.
    Pork rinds are great with salsa.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Ok, now I need some pork rinds. Sounds so freaking good right now, lol!!!

Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast