Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread page 12

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    I ate out, and ate about 6oz grass fed beef burger and a small amount of cole slaw. Later on, ate about 1/2 cup of almonds and two chicken legs and steamed brocolli. Probably about a total of 50g protein. I am not hungry now and wasn't that hungry during the day, but a bit hungry at mealtime. I'm eating astonishingly less than I used to. Since it's tough to get enough fat sometimes, I may go into starvation mode which I don't want to happen obviously.

I wonder if you can go into starvation mode if you eat a lot of fat but still not enough calories?
    Starvation mode is way overrated as a concept.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Starvation is when you eat nothing at all for many days and rely on your own muscles for food. Mild NK is not starvation, it is a fat burning mode only (sparing muscle mass because you do eat enough proteins for lean body maintenance).
    So don't worry about not eating too much, you have plenty of fat to run on, provided you eat enough proteins (but not too much because excess will be turned to glucose - damned brain! how smart the body can be, eh! )

richard is offline Senior Member
    thanks!

Today started out with fatty bone broth (delicious and makes you feel really good afterwards), a few cups of butter tea with MCT oil and coconut oil along with grassfed butter, and a single chicken leg. Not hungry now.

It seems that my brain wants to eat out of sheer habit. Although I'm not hungry, the idea of food is appealing as in the eating and breaking up my day rather than a nutritional need.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    thanks!

Today started out with fatty bone broth (delicious and makes you feel really good afterwards), a few cups of butter tea with MCT oil and coconut oil along with grassfed butter, and a single chicken leg. Not hungry now.

It seems that my brain wants to eat out of sheer habit. Although I'm not hungry, the idea of food is appealing as in the eating and breaking up my day rather than a nutritional need.
    Our way of eating is influenced by habits we have learned throughout our lives. Often these habits served a purpose at some time, but have become unproductive or counterproductive. They can be danged hard to get rid of.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I have been trying to do this as well, break old eating habits. I really try to wait until I actually feel hungry before eating. Trying to follow my body's cues. It can be difficult though, especially when I get in a snacky mood.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Hi dob, thanks for the encouragement and sharing your experience, it is GREATLY reassuring. I am going to Yoga tomorrow and today walked two hours. I know resistance exercises are best but I can't do them right now due to a tendon injury that is healing.
    NP. I'm glad I can join you on this journey and know that this WOE has it's challenges. You're already doing more than i did in the last year of eating in a Low Carb fashion.

Recovering from an injury is far more important than trying to push through it, which can just lead to another injury. I think dancing, yoga, and walking are great activities. My GF wants me to go dancing every weekend...I just fee like I'm rhythmically challenged.

For heavy weight lifting, I hope you don't mind me suggesting this, but check out body by science and congruent exercise on youtube. Both seem compelling and fit with what I'm trying to accomplish, build a muscular base with heavier lifting without injury and enough rest to recover adequately. Don't be discouraged by some of the workouts from body by science, it can be intimidating, but you can adjust and adapt to your liking. I do a slow motion style workout using body weight and resistance bands and I'm happy with the results. A couple of others that prescribe to this sort of exercise are dr. darden and drew baye. Arthur jones from nautilus is the pioneer, I think. I'm still new to this so, I'm testing it out at this point in time. If all goes well, this is the way i would like to workout for the rest of my life or until something more compelling comes out.

richard is offline Senior Member
    had another piece of chicken, a few pork rinds, a bunch of home made may with red palm oil, and a handful of walnuts. Also a small amount of salami with slices of butter on it. Delish.

Dinner is short ribs and zucchini.

I lay around late in the day for 2 or 3 hours, just felt a general malaise and a bit of mental depression.

I lay around late in the day for 2 or 3 hours, just felt a general malaise and a bit of mental depression.
    I'm feeling this exact same way today. Totally tired and wiped out, no energy for anything and a bit down.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Richard and marissa, maybe some broth and sodium might help. I think that's why Volek and Phinney say it takes up to 2 weeks to be keto adapted. I said to rich yesterday that it took 4 weeks before I began feeling like my old self during my workouts, and just yesterday I felt weaker. I can't recall where i read this, but when you're in ketosis and burning fat some toxins maybe released from the liver and stored fat....might make you feel a bit funky. Tomorrow is a new day (kind of a stupid statement, but I always remind myself when i had a bad day).

I once ate an entire stick of salami and felt so sick that night. It's totally addictive. You may want to check out the ingredients in the pork grinds...hopefully it's not being fried with some sort of veggie oil, which may contribute to you being tired.

Honestly I think it's just carb flu for me, and the fact that it's my TOM. That always makes me more tired than usual.

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast