Thread: Yawning a lot page

emlee is offline Junior Member

Yawning a lot

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I started Primal about 3 weeks ago. I'm trying for less than 50g of carbs in order to promote weight loss, as I need to lose about 15lbs.

This is a strange question, but I've been noticing that I'm yawning a lot. I don't feel too terribly tired, although I'm not exactly bursting with energy either. But I feel the need to yawn. A lot. I've also been very irritable.

Is this a nutritional deficiency of some sort? Any advice to sort it out?

sqidmark is online now Member
    I go through this when I don't eat enough, even when I feel like I have. If you track your macros you may find your overall calorie count to be way low. Also, you may just be experiencing the early stages of "carb flu".

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Personally, high carb day followed by low carb days = irritable! Very noticeable.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Agree with sqidmark. Make sure you are eating enough. You can always increase carbs a bit. You don't have to keep them that low and it will likely make any carb flu more bearable to reduce slowly. 15 lbs is not a huge amount and may come off easily enough just by reducing/cutting out grains and refined sugar from your diet, if you had not previously done so.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).