Thread: Using Squash as a spring workout... page

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member

Using Squash as a spring workout...

Primal Fuel
    Hey fellow cave dwellers!

I am currently in the process of revamping my weekly workout routine to include 2 strength workouts, 1 flexibility workout, 1 speed workout and 2 - 3 endurance workouts. The strength, flexibility and speed workouts would be 30 to 45 minutes in duration the endurance workouts a little longer. I am wondering what your take is on using the game of squash as a sprint/speed workout. I already play once a week for 45 minutes. Would this count or is it not intense enough? Any opinions would be most welcome.

Grok on!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Zanna is online now Senior Member
    Squash is incredibly intense if you're really going at it. I would definitely count that.

rusty1257 is offline Junior Member
    Funny, my first reaction to the title was that spaghetti squash and other squashes aren't very heavy for lifting. Then I realized what you meant, LOL!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty1257 View Post
    Funny, my first reaction to the title was that spaghetti squash and other squashes aren't very heavy for lifting. Then I realized what you meant, LOL!
    Good, I'm not the only one with a mind that works that way. I though this was the new form of a kettlebell/medicine ball workout.

Not actually a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty1257 View Post
    I realized after I posted the thread that a) I put spring instead of sprint and b) people might think of the food - but once it's posted it's posted.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Squash is incredibly intense if you're really going at it. I would definitely count that.
    That was my thought as well - and as I am looking to keep my work out sustainable for the future I want to incorporate activities I know I like and will continue doing. Thanks for your input Zanna!

toolewab is offline Junior Member
    Squash is incredibly intense if you're really going at it.