Thread: Once more, with feeling this time... page

CaveBug is offline Senior Member

Once more, with feeling this time...

Primal Fuel
    Well hi all! I'm glad to finally be posting here. I've been stalking around for a while but I haven't been able to join or post.

I first got interesting in the Paleo lifestyle maybe 6 years ago. I was starting college and it was a few years before I wasn't living on campus and could finally cook for myself. I was interested in weight loss and did manage to lose about 20 lbs but it all came back when I moved back home for the summer, my job made it hard to eat well. But I guess that's just an excuse really, I could have done it if I was a little more creative.

After I graduated from college I ended up living in the bush in Africa for a couple years as a Peace Corps volunteer. The default diet there is basically high carb vegetarian. The staple is boiled corn flour, not very paleo at all. Most of my protein came from tuna my mom mailed, and some protein powder she sent as well. Yes people did sell goat meat but it was a rare treat. I lost a lot of hair living there which I absolutely chalk up to nutrition and stress. I managed to lose about 50 lbs while there and I have recently come back to America and I have been scared to death that if I don't really take it seriously this time that I'll go back to how I was and I do not want that at all.

So here I am again. I have a really good feeling about it, I think I'm starting from a good place and I'm glad to have such a great support network at my disposal. I'm looking forward to learning a lot and maybe a PrimalCon in the future!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Thanks for serving in the Peace Corps. If you can do that, Primal should be easy. Good luck!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

vidic07 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello and Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay here for a long time.
    Last edited by vidic07; 04-28-2013 at 06:36 PM.