Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating What the Critters Left Behind... page 2

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I wouldn't eat it, but it is interesting to me that the animal went for the layer of fat and left the "good" part behind. Clearly they know what the best part is!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    if the fat was on the bottom it'd have eaten the meat on top til it was just as sated

seriously, if my choices were a succulent, fork-tender roast that gods would weep over that had raccoon bites or the raccoon meat itself, i'd eat the raccoon leg
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    'nother vote for no-eatums.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Having eaten raccoon (and love it!)... one bit of precaution I learned is that rabies is killed if the meat is cooked well done. So as long as you cook it through, you won't have to worry about disease. Low and slow has been my process for eating raccoons and coyotes for a while.

Me? I'd eat it. But I'm sort of a scavenger like that.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    If there's a reason it was left behind, I wonder why. Animals are fairly keen, and if something is yuck-to-eat they won't eat it (not talking domesticated dogs here, that eat everything in the trash...talking wild animals).

There is a reason it was left. I wouldn't want to find out what it is.

Also, as a person who is keen to the outdoors, always hang your outdoor-stored food high up. This is throwing a rope over a tree branch, high up, then fastening the cooler to it. Pull on the other end of the rope, raise the cooler into the tree, then tie the end so it holds. This keeps bears, coons, whatever away.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12