Thread: Newbie with OA. Anyone with words of wisdom. page

jacs1961 is offline Junior Member

Newbie with OA. Anyone with words of wisdom.

Primal Fuel
    Hi All

My name is Jacqui and I have been doing Paleo for about 6 months. Not at 100% yet. I have just been told I have moderate to severe OA in both knees and have been dealing with flair ups for the past 18 months. I am currently off work on disability until the end of the year. Just came from having measurements taken for custom knee braces. Very depressing. I have been doing some research on OA flair ups and come to find that saturated fats and nightshades can contribute to OA flairs. I love peppers and tomatoes as part of breakfast in a sausage scramble etc. I take joint supplements, Fish Oils, Magnesium, Calcium, Vit D. Not sure what else to do to help slow this down and help with pain mgmt. I am wondering is anyone else who has OA has any words of wisdom. Any thoughts would be welcome....

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I eat night shades and have OA. Not as bad as you. My choice to suffer OA rather than give up potatoes, peppers and tomatoes. I might feel differently if the OA got bad. You might try giving up the peppers and tomatoes for a while to see if it helps.

Mark: "If I give an unfavorable verdict to one of your favorite foods, that doesn't mean you have to banish it from your diet forever. It doesn't mean the occasional dalliance will necessarily make something rotten in the state of your metabolism. It just means that, given the opportunity to choose between something (approved) like a slab of grass-fed beef, a pastured egg, some sautéed kale, or a sweet potato and something (not approved) like sourdough rye, I’d choose the former. You might not, and that’s fine."
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.