Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Need more fat and protein, what can I eat?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    296

    Need more fat and protein, what can I eat?

    I am working on reducing BF and having trouble eating enough. I am running on a caloric deficit (typically about 400 cals short). Already today after breakfast and lunch I am only at 414 net cals! UGH.

    I have had: 2 c coffee with heavy cream and 1 tsp raw sugar per cup.

    a smoothie- 1/2 c kefir, 1 c spinach, 1/2 c froz blueberries, 1/2 scoop Tera's whey

    lunch was a BAS - 4 cups greens (romaine, kale, spinach and chard) 1/2 avo, 2 chicken tenders, 1/2 carrot, EVOO, lime and sriracha.

    I have consumed 51g carbs
    27g protein
    65g fat

    What can I eat to bring up the fat and protein? I guess I will boil some eggs. Maybe I could have a little more protein powder mixed with coconut milk and water? Other suggestions?

    I am trying to re balance my eating to maximize fat loss but not weight loss. Advice?
    Last edited by dacec; 04-23-2013 at 12:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,410
    You seem to be mixing calorie and gram counts. For PB you just count grams. At 51g you still have 50-100g to spare withing the confines of what the PB recs are.

    To answer your question about protein and fat its simple. More meat and more eggs in place of other things if need be.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,426
    Half a dozen eggs and a half pound of bacon will take care of that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Half a dozen eggs and a half pound of bacon will take care of that.
    hahahah....I think I'd barf, but maybe an omelett w/ bacon would be the perfect dinner!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    296
    Yes, you are right, I did mix things up! Corrected now..after breakfast and lunch I am at 414 net cals.

    I guess being too full to eat more should not be considered a problem...but that is where I am at. I guess I should eat an egg post work out, take out some of my salad greens and add another piece of chicken in their place. That will help for tomorrow. For today I am at a loss as to what to eat for dinner. I guess just fatty meat?

    I am trying to keep my carbs at around 50 on easy work out days (walking and swimming). I will bump it up on harder work outs....but for today I am out of whack and trying to balance out my intake.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by dacec View Post
    I am working on reducing BF and having trouble eating enough. I am running on a caloric deficit (typically about 400 cals short). Already today after breakfast and lunch I am only at 414 net cals! UGH.

    I have had: 2 c coffee with heavy cream and 1 tsp raw sugar per cup.

    a smoothie- 1/2 c kefir, 1 c spinach, 1/2 c froz blueberries, 1/2 scoop Tera's whey

    lunch was a BAS - 4 cups greens (romaine, kale, spinach and chard) 1/2 avo, 2 chicken tenders, 1/2 carrot, EVOO, lime and sriracha.

    I have consumed 51g carbs
    27g protein
    65g fat

    What can I eat to bring up the fat and protein? I guess I will boil some eggs. Maybe I could have a little more protein powder mixed with coconut milk and water? Other suggestions?

    I am trying to re balance my eating to maximize fat loss but not weight loss. Advice?
    MEAT!!! Eat the flesh of dead animals! Fattty cuts like ribeyes and lamb shoulder chops are perfect. Aside from a few pieces of chicken breast you are eating like a vegetarian! Fat and protein come from meat, not spinach and fruit.

  7. #7
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    MEAT!!! Eat the flesh of dead animals! Fattty cuts like ribeyes and lamb shoulder chops are perfect. Aside from a few pieces of chicken breast you are eating like a vegetarian! Fat and protein come from meat, not spinach and fruit.
    !!!!!!!!!

    Beef. It's what's for dinner.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    296
    Eating like a veggie huh? Hmm....that is good food for thought.

    I always have meat on my salad and typically have a smoothie for breakfast (hate to cook breakfast!) I love beef, always have some meat and cooked veg for dinner.

    Obviously though you are right, clearly I need more meat.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,902
    Start every meal with a pound of meat. Stop messing around with little-of-this little-of-that, liquid this, pinch of that. Have a pound of meat, two or three avocados, a hint of greens or berries if you feel the need, and lots of organ meats and stock, seafood and spices. Coconut milk is a nice go-to as well. But don't drink tiny amounts, drink the whole 420 calories. Mostly, eat solid, real grown-up food. In large amounts.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Birkenstocks & hairy arm pits.
    Posts
    9,068
    If you cook so that there are leftovers at supper, you won't have to cook for breakfast. You can heat up the leftovers.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •