Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need more fat and protein, what can I eat? page

dacec is offline Senior Member

Need more fat and protein, what can I eat?

I am working on reducing BF and having trouble eating enough. I am running on a caloric deficit (typically about 400 cals short). Already today after breakfast and lunch I am only at 414 net cals! UGH.

I have had: 2 c coffee with heavy cream and 1 tsp raw sugar per cup.

a smoothie- 1/2 c kefir, 1 c spinach, 1/2 c froz blueberries, 1/2 scoop Tera's whey

lunch was a BAS - 4 cups greens (romaine, kale, spinach and chard) 1/2 avo, 2 chicken tenders, 1/2 carrot, EVOO, lime and sriracha.

I have consumed 51g carbs
    27g protein
    65g fat

What can I eat to bring up the fat and protein? I guess I will boil some eggs. Maybe I could have a little more protein powder mixed with coconut milk and water? Other suggestions?

I am trying to re balance my eating to maximize fat loss but not weight loss. Advice?
    Last edited by dacec; 04-23-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    You seem to be mixing calorie and gram counts. For PB you just count grams. At 51g you still have 50-100g to spare withing the confines of what the PB recs are.

To answer your question about protein and fat its simple. More meat and more eggs in place of other things if need be.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Half a dozen eggs and a half pound of bacon will take care of that.

Yes, you are right, I did mix things up! Corrected now..after breakfast and lunch I am at 414 net cals.

I guess being too full to eat more should not be considered a problem...but that is where I am at. I guess I should eat an egg post work out, take out some of my salad greens and add another piece of chicken in their place. That will help for tomorrow. For today I am at a loss as to what to eat for dinner. I guess just fatty meat?

I am trying to keep my carbs at around 50 on easy work out days (walking and swimming). I will bump it up on harder work outs....but for today I am out of whack and trying to balance out my intake.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Half a dozen eggs and a half pound of bacon will take care of that.
    hahahah....I think I'd barf, but maybe an omelett w/ bacon would be the perfect dinner!

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dacec View Post
    I am working on reducing BF and having trouble eating enough. I am running on a caloric deficit (typically about 400 cals short). Already today after breakfast and lunch I am only at 414 net cals! UGH.

I have had: 2 c coffee with heavy cream and 1 tsp raw sugar per cup.

a smoothie- 1/2 c kefir, 1 c spinach, 1/2 c froz blueberries, 1/2 scoop Tera's whey

lunch was a BAS - 4 cups greens (romaine, kale, spinach and chard) 1/2 avo, 2 chicken tenders, 1/2 carrot, EVOO, lime and sriracha.

I have consumed 51g carbs
    27g protein
    65g fat

What can I eat to bring up the fat and protein? I guess I will boil some eggs. Maybe I could have a little more protein powder mixed with coconut milk and water? Other suggestions?

I am trying to re balance my eating to maximize fat loss but not weight loss. Advice?
    MEAT!!! Eat the flesh of dead animals! Fattty cuts like ribeyes and lamb shoulder chops are perfect. Aside from a few pieces of chicken breast you are eating like a vegetarian! Fat and protein come from meat, not spinach and fruit.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    MEAT!!! Eat the flesh of dead animals! Fattty cuts like ribeyes and lamb shoulder chops are perfect. Aside from a few pieces of chicken breast you are eating like a vegetarian! Fat and protein come from meat, not spinach and fruit.
    !!!!!!!!!

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

Eating like a veggie huh? Hmm....that is good food for thought.

I always have meat on my salad and typically have a smoothie for breakfast (hate to cook breakfast!) I love beef, always have some meat and cooked veg for dinner.

Obviously though you are right, clearly I need more meat.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Start every meal with a pound of meat. Stop messing around with little-of-this little-of-that, liquid this, pinch of that. Have a pound of meat, two or three avocados, a hint of greens or berries if you feel the need, and lots of organ meats and stock, seafood and spices. Coconut milk is a nice go-to as well. But don't drink tiny amounts, drink the whole 420 calories. Mostly, eat solid, real grown-up food. In large amounts.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you cook so that there are leftovers at supper, you won't have to cook for breakfast. You can heat up the leftovers.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast