Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need more fat and protein, what can I eat? page 2

prime11 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The protein seems low. Most sources I've read say .7 to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight for fat loss. Besides eggs, fish like wild caught salmon and grass fed ground beef are also good protein sources with some fat. On the pure fat side try using coconut oil. Its a solid so you could actually just eat with a spoon if you really need fat that bad, or you can put it in a smoothie or just cook with it. Dark chocolate and nuts have a good amount of fat too.
    Last edited by prime11; 04-23-2013 at 02:06 PM.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Knifegill....a pound of meat per meal might be a 'tad' much for me, but I get the point, eat real food and lots of it. I do like my green although since I have started tracking micros I am realizing that I need to cut back a little....no one needs 914% of the RDA of vit K!

Joanie, I usually am lazy and save leftovers for my DDs for work or the meat to top my lunchtime salad...maybe this goes back to Knifegill's point about starting each meal with more meat :-)

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Good tips Prine11...I am more worried about the protein than the fat, but I have thought about dipping a spoon in the coconut oil just to try it. I could easily add a little to my smoothie. Usually I add coconut milk, which I love but today I didn't.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    A pound is not actually very much. It sounds like a lot, but when you look at it, you realize you're going to need to eat more when it's gone.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12