Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grass fed beef in Dallas vs. online page

lone.star is offline Junior Member

Grass fed beef in Dallas vs. online

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone in the forum purchased grass fed beef in the Dallas area? So far the only option I have seen since moving here is Whole Foods. My stores of Iowa GFB are just about out and I need some options!

I have also come across some online choices as well, as luck would have it, a 'primal' selection that has 20% organ meat added to the ground beef. I am intrigued... Any experience in the online ordering arena? I would love to hear about experiences. -lone.star

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Local Yocal in McKinney has grass fed and Wagyu. They are great people and we've enjoyed everything we have purchased from there.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Texan is offline Junior Member
    There are tons of local farmers selling grassfed beef in the metroplex. Look on Eatwild.com and you will find a number of them to call and talk to. It just depends on what you like. Ask them if the have a sample pack you can buy to try their product first and try several before you make a big purchase.

There is a conference in July in Ft. Worth that a number of grassfed producers will be at. I will be one of the speakers at the event.

m.s
    m.s is online now Junior Member
    Sprouts and Central Market have grass fed beef. Sprouts usually has the best prices.

Also, we ordered from Greenling.com recently. Made a meatloaf with their Wagyu ground beef, it was very good.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

Jennifer

jnicholas is offline Junior Member
    I've been buying grass feed beef at Whole Foods in one of the Dallas suburbs but frankly it is really tough. My wife won't eat it. I've wanted to get some from somewhere else to see if it is just their source but don't really know what the other local options are. I'd be willing to buy a side from a local farmer but I'd have to be sure it would taste better than what I'm getting at whole foods now.

We enjoy the stuff from Sprouts. It comes from Uraguay, which initially bothered me. However, after some research I decided to buy some. It is very good and reasonably priced. The ribeyes are excellent.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

Jennifer

Primal Time is offline Junior Member
    You could try Burgundy Pasture Beef. They deliver. There's also Truth Hill Farm. They are at several farmers markets around the metroplex. HTH.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    we've been buying from these folks for some time. Easy on the temp when you cook.

Nitschke Natural Beef

lone.star is offline Junior Member

Thank you..

.. all for your suggestions. I went with Local Yocal, which offers a lot of pasture fed products. Got 5lbs of GFB, some pasture fed lard and some Wagyu hotdogs. I am very interested to see if there is a difference between my old Iowa GFB and these varieties. I'm pretty thrilled that there is a store that caters to the primal diet nearby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast