Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Saw a guy punch another guy in the face page 4

looks good. good clean work. i'm actually planning a tat now. the artist i want for it typically has a 2 month wait, and only takes appointments that he is interested in. so i got the ok from him, and now i just have to save my pennies.

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    I have been in a quite a few fights from my time in college and then the Army (little more serious fights) but they are never like the movies. 90% of all fights end on the ground which gets a little boring unless osmoen knows what their doing.

What amuses me is when people aren't wrestling on the ground they only try to hit the face with the haymakers. Sure you might get a black eye but the head itself is remarkably strong an can take a beating. The throat, neck, stomach and groin areas are unprotected and can end a fight within seconds. The best fight I ever saw was at a bar in Owasso, MI where a bunch of ginormous drunk dudes were picking on this little guy and his friends. They started pushing him and he was obviously scared poopless but the little guy had finally had enough and laid down a perfect ribshot with the right hand and finished him off with a left to the stomach. Down goes Tyson!!! All the guys friends just stood there in shock. Picked their boy up and left without saying a word.

The point is fights can be fun to watch if it isn't a beating or a mob mentality. Its good to get that aggression out every now and then but one must always be careful not to wake a sleeping giant.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    looks good. good clean work. i'm actually planning a tat now. the artist i want for it typically has a 2 month wait, and only takes appointments that he is interested in. so i got the ok from him, and now i just have to save my pennies.
    What is weird is that I originally waited 6 months for an appointment with a different artist. But in that time I started doing research and learned how to evaluate a portfolio. I realized the artist was not very good so I canceled. Then I found other guys whose work was much better. Strangely I only had to wait 2 days for my ankle (and only 1 week for my bird). There are always limitations with coverups and I'm amazed even light blue covered up the old stuff. I'm also amazed that such a large tattoo, which freaked me out as he was drawing it on my leg, actually fits my body well. I'll be interested to see how it looks without blood embedded in it.

These are the artists who did my coverups, by the way. Ken Knox 805INK (bird) and http://ta2stagram.com/u/johnwoodruff (roses).
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    What is weird is that I originally waited 6 months for an appointment with a different artist. But in that time I started doing research and learned how to evaluate a portfolio. I realized the artist was not very good so I canceled. Then I found other guys whose work was much better. Strangely I only had to wait 2 days for my ankle (and only 1 week for my bird). There are always limitations with coverups and I'm amazed even light blue covered up the old stuff. I'm also amazed that such a large tattoo, which freaked me out as he was drawing it on my leg, actually fits my body well. I'll be interested to see how it looks without blood embedded in it.

These are the artists who did my coverups, by the way. Ken Knox 805INK (bird) and http://ta2stagram.com/u/johnwoodruff (roses).
    very nice. this is the guy who will be doing mine. Chris Adamek Tattoo his grayscale is amazing and his portraits are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    very nice. this is the guy who will be doing mine. Chris Adamek Tattoo his grayscale is amazing and his portraits are insane.
    I think I've seen some of those tattoos on reddit. He's really superb. I'm not at the point of being ready to travel around for tattoos but if I ever decided I wanted to have big or more prominent tattoos, I might consider it. I just can't see myself being THAT tattooed.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    You guys are inspiring me to sort out my next tattoo...

Back to the OP, I actually punched someone in the face before. I was 11, she was my best friend, it was about something important (obviously). We got into a tussle, and the unexpected feeling of my fist making contact with her face was so weird. It felt like I barely touched her, but afterwards she had a big red welt across her face.

I was a nice girl, promise.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think I've seen some of those tattoos on reddit. He's really superb. I'm not at the point of being ready to travel around for tattoos but if I ever decided I wanted to have big or more prominent tattoos, I might consider it. I just can't see myself being THAT tattooed.
    i just tried to PM you, but your inbox is full

Okay, I deleted all the messages in there.

I wish I knew how to delete the friend requests without rejecting them. I don't understand the friend request thing. It doesn't seem meaningful but I don't want to have to reject people. Some of them are probably real people and some of them probably aren't but it's just too much trouble to try and sort that all out for something without any real value.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Love the tattoo! The colors are beautiful. I'm not a fan of traditional style tattoos, but this is different enough to be really appealing to me .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I get really irritated when someone gets shot in the head on TV and it's just little blood around a hole. Seeing as the actual gunshot-to-the-head I saw was a close family member, I feel personally insulted when it's made to look so non-damaging to the human body.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast