Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saw a guy punch another guy in the face page 3

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Seen a couple of fights, been in 2. I didn't take any big hits in those fights, but I have recently since taking up martial arts.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I worked my way through grad school as a bartender in a pretty crazy bar. I have seen quite a few fights. It is so very true that they don't resemble the movie version in the least. Maybe it is because the fights I've seen are always between drunks, but the guys always looked so pathetic trying to get in a good hit or throw someone to the ground before getting tossed from the place.

I have seen a couple of solid shots that looked like the took skill, but mostly it looks pretty sad.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Yesterdays newspaper had another story of some young guy who got into a minor argument with a stranger in a shopping mall food hall, and ended up being king hit. This young dud now has a brain injury from hitting his head when he fell. His life is not going to be what his parents had expected.

This is not an isolated case.

I don't get why it is socially acceptable to hit people when the results can be so much more serious than expected..

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Saw relatively few fights, but one has stuck with me: a high school friend went into the Army and got transferred to a base in the city where I coincidentally had moved to a couple of years earlier, so I would sometimes go on base and visit at the barracks. One day he met me in the front entrance, which was unusual, as I was used to just walking up the central stairs to his room, the two of us having made definite plans for a visit. Well, he proceeds to take me up a side stairs, which was on the opposite side of the building, and two floors up I saw why... there were lookouts posted, and two guys were having at it in the hallway, the lookouts being for COs and stuff.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bifcus View Post
    Yesterdays newspaper had another story of some young guy who got into a minor argument with a stranger in a shopping mall food hall, and ended up being king hit. This young dud now has a brain injury from hitting his head when he fell. His life is not going to be what his parents had expected.

I don't get why it is socially acceptable to hit people when the results can be so much more serious than expected..
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Well, I was about to say the same as Paleobird already mentioned: seems you hang around bad neigourhoods or they have extended themselves to where you live. Specially a tattoo place has to be respectable, you don't want drunks to mess around with your picture and your health. Go to some that is in a good area, by apointment only, no random customers or curious "under the influence" from street. More expensive, but this is something you get for long time if not for ever after. And artists working in those tend to be higher level too...

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bifcus View Post

people should learn how to keep their mouths shut. don't start shit with strangers. how many times do you see some pencil-necked twerp road raging, or talking trash to total strangers? you never know who you are talking to nowadays. the young dude probably should have walked away instead of arguing about chicken nuggets. sounds like he had a brain injury to begin with.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse View Post
    Well, I was about to say the same as Paleobird already mentioned: seems you hang around bad neigourhoods or they have extended themselves to where you live. Specially a tattoo place has to be respectable, you don't want drunks to mess around with your picture and your health. Go to some that is in a good area, by apointment only, no random customers or curious "under the influence" from street. More expensive, but this is something you get for long time if not for ever after. And artists working in those tend to be higher level too...
    Ha ha. I went to the best shop in town and to the best artist in that shop. Downtown Santa Barbara. Rough neighborhood where all the drunks are rich loser guys with nothing better to do with their lives. Except for the fight, the experience was extremely positive, intimate and almost mystical.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Ha ha. I went to the best shop in town and to the best artist in that shop. Downtown Santa Barbara. Rough neighborhood where all the drunks are rich loser guys with nothing better to do with their lives. Except for the fight, the experience was extremely positive, intimate and almost mystical.
    so...lets see some pics of the tat
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Well, it's not finished yet. Here's one side that I think is mostly finished on my horribly swollen ankle. He did the flower, not the other stuff.

Here's the side that shows the coverup.

I am a fan of traditional tattoos.

I see this as part of my whole primal improvement plan. The weight loss thing went as far as it went. The health thing is pretty much as good as it'll get. Lifting weights is settled in and progress will be slow and steady from here on out. The next item on my agenda was to fix the tattoo mistakes I made in my 20s.

About a month ago I fixed my bad shoulder tattoo. This is Squeaky, my female plumhead parakeet.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast