Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No wheat, almost no other grains... how much carbs does that leave me with? page

biko is online now Senior Member

No wheat, almost no other grains... how much carbs does that leave me with?

Primal Fuel
    I dumped wheat and almost all other grains... weekly or so I do have a little rice, at most a cup.

Break fast usually looks like:

3 to 4 eggs, some bacon bits or a little meat, maybe 50 to 100 grams, avocado and/or veggies, like a whole bell pepper this morning, some cottage cheese a tbsp and 1 or 2 glasses of green smoothie.

Lunch:
    veggies, raw and/or cooked, some chicken, like 100 grams again, maybe a banana.

Diner:
    more veggies, like a good plate full, 100 to 200 grams of meat.

In between I might have the rest of the smoothie I made, some dark chocolate, some nuts, an apple.
    I add some olive oil and/or coconut cream to my meals.

So, How much carbs would that be daily? All the above is approx.
    General advice on what I'm eating atm is also very welcome.

I'm not looking for any more weight loss, just would like to get rid of the, still, slight weakness / shakiness, but not overdo carbs, need a middle road for now.

Thanks.
    Last edited by biko; 04-23-2013 at 05:52 AM.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    There's plenty of websites and smartphone apps available that you can input the food you ate and they'll give you a fat/protein/carb breakdown.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If you are feeling off without more carbs, why not just eat more carbs? There isn't a magic amount. It's going to vary from person to person.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You probably do not need to worry about how many carbs you are consuming with that example daily intake. It's not a lot and if anything you could probably have more and not have it be any kind of problem. You might consider finding some more nutrient dense sources of protein now and then, such as a weekly plate of liver and several times a week of salmon or other fatty fish.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If you are feeling off without more carbs, why not just eat more carbs? There isn't a magic amount. It's going to vary from person to person.
    Yes, dumping wheat resulted in way less anxiety and racing heart, now I try to improve further by going 'primal' the anxiety is back stronger than before. Will up my carbs indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You probably do not need to worry about how many carbs you are consuming with that example daily intake. It's not a lot and if anything you could probably have more and not have it be any kind of problem. You might consider finding some more nutrient dense sources of protein now and then, such as a weekly plate of liver and several times a week of salmon or other fatty fish.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion317 View Post
    There's plenty of websites and smartphone apps available that you can input the food you ate and they'll give you a fat/protein/carb breakdown.
    I don't have a smartphone, which website would you suggest?
    Thanks.

dabears is offline Member
    What are your activity levels like? And what kind of activity. The answer lies in that

myfitnesspal.com is the best in my opinion.

prime11 is offline Junior Member
    Agree with the posts. Now that you are at a comfortable weight it's time to experiment and find the combination of foods that will maximize your energy. One thing I see is that you are eating very little fat after breakfast. Remember good fat is your friend. It took me a long time to realize that I was under eating fat and adding the good fats helped me increase energy and killed my hunger cravings in between meals. Definitely try some fatty fish like Salmon (wild caught) and maybe some organic grass fed beef once in awhile. Could also add some Omega-3 supplement if not already taking. If you're eating a lean meat like chicken at lunch add some avocado or some nuts.

But, as far as vegetables go it's very unlikely that you will overeat so don't be afraid to max it out and see if you feel better. On average it's 2 or 3 cups a meal for me, but my max is around 6.
    Last edited by prime11; 04-23-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Ok thanks again people.

Indeed the week before I had huge break fast with more fat than I would usually eat... kept me satisfied and feeling real good till well after lunch time.

Today, I had some sweet potato after lunch to see what would happen... Feeling good now.

Will add more good fatty stuff to lunches and diner!

Activity level atm is mainly brisk walks like 5 times a week, 45 min to 90 min, no fitness atm but some push ups at home.

So... I was experiencing low carb flu?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast