Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (CarbDodger) page

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (CarbDodger)

Primal Fuel
    So I remember
    Poorly controlled diabetic with cancer struggling to control weight and blood glucose despite following "recommended eating plan". Accidentally started this lifestyle by deciding not to follow recommended plan but to radically restrict carbs. Found this site by accident when I was researching why I no longer felt hungry as it was so odd and unexpected - I was always starving on the recommended plan.
    Am using this site so I can build a healthier attitude instead of the initial slash and burn approach of dodging every carb.
    This lifestyle makes so much sense and feels so natural. I'm not hungry despite losing 1lb a day and I feel so much better/normal/alive...

First week went well. Good weight loss 7lbs. Blood sugar still running higher than I'd like. keeping carbs between 50-100g. troubled at times by carb cravings but have managed to abstain. No processed rubbish eaten at all, no grains, wheat etc.. Will reintroduce some fruit next week as struggling to get enough potassium

start weight: 242.5
    weight at start of primal: 238.1
    weight at end of week 1: 231 weeks weight loss 7lb

Carb flu probably; felt unwell yesterday plus probable nocturnal hypo - BM 16.6 on arising. felt crappy all day. Did some reading up -probably too little fat. Ate lamb for dinner, felt a lot better after but very tired still. 1 hour nap put me right. Calories higher but still around vlc limit. Back to work on Monday - mornings only first though. Battery failed in scales -got new one and new pack of aviva test strips

weight at end of week 1: 231
    weeks weight loss 7lb

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    Hello CarbDodger, I do hope this way of eating puts you right. I am no expert so I will just mention that you need to totally seek out help from Primal/Paleo professors on this site. Some that I read alot are as follows; PaleoBird, Griff, caniol6, ecks, demuralist and Pebbles67 to name a few. Their stories are inspirational and they are willing to help as much as they can. I would say good luck, but that has nothing to do with it, so I will leave you with keep fighting and be proud of the changes you are making.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    Carb flu probably; felt unwell yesterday plus probable nocturnal hypo - BM 16.6 on arising. felt crappy all day. Did some reading up -probably too little fat. Ate lamb for dinner, felt a lot better after but very tired still. 1 hour nap put me right. Calories higher but still around vlc limit. Back to work on Monday - mornings only first though. Battery failed in scales -got new one and new pack of aviva test strips

weight at end of week 1: 231
    weeks weight loss 7lb
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Dodger! It sounds like you are off to a good start. I have to somewhat disagree about listening to the old timers. They have lots of good information, but you need to focus on what Mark says at first. Otherwise it gets confusing.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Thanks both for your replies and support. I am feeling better today but am full of sneezes so maybe I have 'real' flu not carb flu!. blood sugar of 16.4 on arising again so there's definitely something physical going on. no hypo headache though so it may not be a rebound high but a high from infection. I will start echinacea for a week to help fight it .my carnivorous husband (a natural fat burner) is very supportive and impressed that i'm eating less carbs than him!

Right you are H2, thanks for pointing that out. I just think for me reading what others are trying gives me a greater field of reference. CarbDodger, I really hope you get over your illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    Welcome Dodger! It sounds like you are off to a good start. I have to somewhat disagree about listening to the old timers. They have lots of good information, but you need to focus on what Mark says at first. Otherwise it gets confusing.

CarbDodger how you doing? Hope you are well!

Michiel is offline Member
    How are you Carbdogger? Are the cancer bodies reducing or symptoms lessening? Still losing weight and having more energy?

Hold on, you're not on it for so long!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Michiel and Sugarbare, thanks for asking, and for anybody whose reading or thinking about me I appreciate it
    I've not had the best week to be honest. I see the oncologist today to find out if the cancer has become active again and the nearer its got the more stressed I have felt. Yesterday, all day I had an overwhelming craving for bread. toast has always been my ultimate comfort food. It was so bad that I parked outside every shop that sold bread and tried to rationalise both why I should have it and why I shouldn't. It added 45 minutes to my journey home - when i said every shop i meant every one even the petrol stations. At each one i went through the same rationalisations - bloody stupid really as I just felt more stressed for doing it. I got home without any but felt rotten.
    Today I don't feel so bad, at least I will know today and then I can deal with whatever is happening.
    I'm still losing weight which is good. my blood sugars been higher since Saturday but that's due to the effect of stress on my pancreas so its acceptable. It didn't go over 14 and today its 9 so I am satisfied. Physically I feel pretty good considering I am a stress ridden freak!
    I'll just be glad when its over and i know- this hoping and fear of hoping is nasty way to feel
    I continue to hope that this lifestyle for you is the positive breakthrough you deserve
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-16-2013 at 03:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast