Thread: Reassurance needed page

Kia's is offline Junior Member

Reassurance needed

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone

I am a completely exhausted stay at home mum of 18 month old twin boys. I am about 20kgs overweight (thanks twin pregnancy!!) and have hormonal acne. I have started eating primally a couple of times, lost a few centimetres but felt even more tired, light headed and grumpy (more grumpy...) so the chocolate came calling and back to previous ways I went. I presume this was the carb flu? I just wanted to know how long it would takes still I start experiencing the boundless energy people talk of and how quickly I would lose my weight? Am planning on doing a couple of HIT sessions a week plus 2 home weight lifting sessions a week as dont have time for any more. Thank you so much, off to feeding time at the zoo now.

Hedda Rosa is offline Junior Member
    Hi Kia's, I'm new too so hopefully this won't be the blind leading the blind!

When I started eating primally I found I was eating more than I expected, I wonder if you are eating enough? Also 18 month old twins are no joke - you may just not be getting enough sleep with little you can do to change that. I make sure to drink lots of water to.

I've done very low carb and have had carb flu, but I'm not totally sure that PB done right will result in the carb flu (I'm no expert though!) I'm just starting out and am eating a bit of fruits - like 1/2 apple and big handful of berries in a day - and lots of green leafy veggies, and 1/2 a sweet potato a few days a week and think I'm getting as much as 60 - 100 carbs a day. That would be too much for carb flu I think (again no expert here!)

Anyway I don't know for sure and maybe someone more expert will come along but I didn't want your post to sit here with no reply!

Kia's is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for replying Hedda Rosa. I was pretty exhausted before even starting to eat better so am hoping it won't be long till I find the elusive "yippee" feeling. Was also wondering if lifting and carrying around my 18 and 15 kg boys counts as "heavy lifting"?? Good luck on PB, hope you find great success.

mantra is offline Junior Member
    Kia's, I think you should be proud of yourself for thinking about moving to Primal while you're caring for small kids--it isn't easy, and I think a lot of people just go for the easy food options

In my experience, the energy thing wasn't like a huge parade through the living room. After sticking with primal for a couple of weeks, I started to feel a little bit better. Then they next day I'd feel a little bit better than the day before. Then I'd realize that I wasn't tired when I usually started to feel tired or realize that I didn't need as much sleep as I used to need...that sort of thing. I know that I had to take a hard look back to my pre-primal self to really appreciate the difference.

I also ate a lot in the beginning--now that I think about it, almost double what I eat now. So Hedda Rosa might be on to something!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia's View Post
    Thanks for replying Hedda Rosa. I was pretty exhausted before even starting to eat better so am hoping it won't be long till I find the elusive "yippee" feeling. Was also wondering if lifting and carrying around my 18 and 15 kg boys counts as "heavy lifting"?? Good luck on PB, hope you find great success.
    Not everyone finds the 'yippee' feeling. Especially if you have underlying issues that food alone cant fix. Remember to work on the other areas of PB too. Not just food
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

owanchez5 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thank you so much