Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 Days Primal - My Experience (UK based) page 2

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipixie View Post
    the increased strength, energy and vigour are the most exciting aspect of this process and my body doesn't feel flabby any longer, much tighter and firmer.
    I feel the same way although I have still got some flab to get rid of. I'm just having my morning Mango & Lychee green tea, then I'm outside to soak up some rays while I mow the lawns and get the BBQ sorted for lunch.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Skipixie is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like a good bank holiday Nigel! I have just been oiling the decking so out there getting some vitamin D too! Although to be honest I am a bit disappointed because I've put on 3 pounds in the last three days and that wasn't really part of the Plan at all! Probably just hormonal changes and some bank holiday weekend wine I guess! How long have you been primal and are you enjoying yourself?!

SueA is offline Junior Member
    Great post, also in my forties and a UK primal fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SueA View Post
    also in my forties and a UK primal fan.
    Spring Chicken!

My next food challenge is Monday as it's our 41st wedding anniversary. We got married five days after my birthday so that when I get cards and gifts, I know to get anniversary card and gifts ready!

I've got a 5 off 25 M & S food/wine spend voucher so we're going to see what we can find for a treat on Monday.

I started Primal Lite March 7th last year. Lost 60lbs in weight and in the process of slowly making myself stronger and more fit. I notice that I do not get all the colds and other bugs I used to. I've had two attempt colds in 15 months where I used to get loads. Even then, I have been able to do my normal stuff where they used to knock me out for a couple of days.

I had clinical depression 12 years ago and took medication. None of it worked. Retired and immediately felt better. Read books on self improvement etc and made the conscious decision to be happy. Worked in a school for five years and discovered what brilliant fun brainwashing kids is! Got made redundant two years ago but still keep in touch and help out with school visits and Duke of Edinburgh's Award expeditions.

One of my mottoes is:- "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile." Herm Albright - American Author.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Thats a brilliant quote Nigel, I love it! And well done also on your success so far. Funny with the colds too, because my partner had a terrible one when he arrived back in the UK for about ten days and it didnt touch me.

What is Primal Lite, and what is the difference?

What is Primal Lite, and what is the difference?
    I coined it about my personal food regime because I'm "naughty." I will eat nightshades, I will eat some legumes like broad beans, peas, runner beans and French beans. I do have milk in my morning cup of tea and will eat cheese. I will even have a beer on rare occasions. And, at Christmas I will eat cake, christmas pudding & trifle.

I am quite strict with wheat, rye, barley & oats but do have a white rice dish every week or two. I can't afford grass fed beef & lamb or other organic meats as a rule. I just do what I can within our budget. When the mortgage is paid off and I get my state pension I will have enough cash to buy organic meats, veg and fruit.

The way I see it, I have learned a lot over the last year and now make informed choices about what I shovel in my mouth. Yes, there may be a risk associated with potatoes, Christmas blowouts and the occasional beer drinking but as these things have not made me feel ill I shall continue. I also eat dark chocolate every day and drink wine three days a week.

I'll be in Tolworth next Wednesday. We'll be staying with our younger daughter overnight. I am picking up some friends from Heathrow on Thursday morning and my wife will be staying to babysit over the weekend while our daughter sings at a gig on Friday. The daughter and grandson will bring her home next Monday and stay the night here in Spaldng.

I LOVE your style! And I think this will be how it is for me too - giving up wine was never an intention and drinking it three days a week is the same for me too. I also eat dark choc (don't like normal stuff any more), cheese and the odd 'nice' thing, although all grains and sugars are pretty much banned.

Also can't afford grass fed or organic so I had been feeling that my choices were less primal and more just 'me'. I really like how you described it and feel that I am also so much more aware of what I eat - that in itself is a revelation!

How funny you are going to be in Surrey, as we are in Lincolnshire this weekend, near Stamford! Am discovering though that primal lite and camping don't mix (more preparation required next time I think!).
    If the primal lifestyle is like a formula one race, everybody on this site is in pole position.

we are in Lincolnshire this weekend, near Stamford! Am discovering though that primal lite and camping don't mix (more preparation required next time I think!).
    There's an organic farm meatery just up the road at Market Deeping.

I don't have trouble when camping as I take a small frying pan, butter, eggs, mushrooms & spinach. If going walkies I'll put hard boiled eggs and Aldi's roast chicken thighs in a cool bag so that's breakfasts and lunches done. Evening meals are MEAT done either on my portable BBQ or in the frying pan plus some sort of salady stuff or BBQ/fried veggies.

Mmmmm your camping shopping list sets my primal pulse racing Nigel! Sounds like you have it sorted, I have so much still to learn :-)
    If the primal lifestyle is like a formula one race, everybody on this site is in pole position.

Just posting a little update - its now 70 days primal and I am feeling consistently good. As of today, I have started a new 60 day challenge, which is health and fitness, as I havent really done that much exercise so far. I have a 10k which I am training for in six weeks, plus I will be doing primal exercises (press ups, pull ups, plank and squats) daily, but most of all I would like to decrease body fat (still trying to work out a suitable method of measuring, but I think I am at about 25% currently). I believe that the weight exercises and sprints will help with that. My weight has levelled out at between 8st2lbs and 8st4lbs which is fine, although the increased exercise may shave a little off that.

I've had no grains since day 1 (had a dream I was eating bread last night and woke up feeling guilty!), although I havent always been so strict on sugary things and have had a couple of nice puddings. (I call them 'treats' rather than 'cheats' and that works for me). Whats amazed me is how my love for meat and vegetables has grown - I cant seem to eat enough of them now, and yet I hardly used to eat either! Clearly my body is adapting and changing its requirements - thats fine with me.

Overall I believe I still have a long way to go on this journey, but I am learning every day and enjoying the ride!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast